Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soundz Inc

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 04:15 PM
JOHN CHAP
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slodsm
Personally, that's why I think it's ridiculously overpriced. They aren't a bad sounding speaker, and for 250 they'd be a great sounding speaker. But at 600 a pair, Beyma has options that wipe the soundz gear off the planet. Like no questions asked, Soundz/Hat stuff cannot and will not compete with Beyma's high end gear and the price is the same.

600 for speakers with no published specs, just RMS wattage rating. Hell he doesn't even post freq response, sensitivity, min ohm load, ohm load, NOTHING. Just hey, buy my 600 dollar coax speakers, power them with my 600 dollar amp, and you'll have the baddest system ever.

Just don't pull up next to a bike that a guy is powering his 600 dollar Beyma "coax" speakers off a 250 dollar amp with a 250 dollar DSP and if you do, tell him he has to turn his down so the SPL matches yours and then compare SQ lmfao.

what amp would you recommend with these speaker?

Old 03-01-2019, 04:32 AM
nukidondablock
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So before reading this thread right now, I happened called Soundz last week considering taking my bike over to upgrade a couple things. I am in Orlando, and Soundz is very close (40 minutes) to me, much closer then a couple awesome guys on the forum in South Florida (4 hours), so I called Soundz, Chasing the Unicorn as they say here going for phase 3. I was wanting some better fairing speakers, and better 6 X 9s, lids, and DSP installed and tuned, and they really only push for tearing it all out and replacing it. There speakers are better, their 1 amp is better then my 2 amps. They only use their DSP and their DSP only works with their amp. I have a couple Diamond Audio Micro 4s, Hertz Sv, and Hertz Millie MPX, no bad stuff. And I do not think everything I have is junk, I think a couple changes mabye?

I think there system may be a good system for the OP that just wants someone to out it in, guarantee it and tell them it is the best. Which is OK for those guys. But I also know from my Hot Rod business, that a combination of various companies super star product, properly installed and tuned , will absolutely demolish a "PACKAGE SYSTEM" every time. Now how much money one may spend getting there.................Like i said, i am at phase 3 but still nowhere close to the $2800 quoted. And it is a guarantee, if i bought their $2800 system, then ran into Haze, Tailwind, Marqdark, and many other here, I am sure I would feel like I need to tear my system out and start again, LOL!

For now I am just installing my DSP, and before i buy anything else I would absolutely love to meet up at Daytona if this showdown happens.

The following users liked this post:
slodsm (03-02-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 06:52 AM
Wam
Tourer
Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by nukidondablock
So before reading this thread right now, I happened called Soundz last week considering taking my bike over to upgrade a couple things. I am in Orlando, and Soundz is very close (40 minutes) to me, much closer then a couple awesome guys on the forum in South Florida (4 hours), so I called Soundz, Chasing the Unicorn as they say here going for phase 3. I was wanting some better fairing speakers, and better 6 X 9s, lids, and DSP installed and tuned, and they really only push for tearing it all out and replacing it. There speakers are better, their 1 amp is better then my 2 amps. They only use their DSP and their DSP only works with their amp. I have a couple Diamond Audio Micro 4s, Hertz Sv, and Hertz Millie MPX, no bad stuff. And I do not think everything I have is junk, I think a couple changes mabye?

I think there system may be a good system for the OP that just wants someone to out it in, guarantee it and tell them it is the best. Which is OK for those guys. But I also know from my Hot Rod business, that a combination of various companies super star product, properly installed and tuned , will absolutely demolish a "PACKAGE SYSTEM" every time. Now how much money one may spend getting there.................Like i said, i am at phase 3 but still nowhere close to the $2800 quoted. And it is a guarantee, if i bought their $2800 system, then ran into Haze, Tailwind, Marqdark, and many other here, I am sure I would feel like I need to tear my system out and start again, LOL!

For now I am just installing my DSP, and before i buy anything else I would absolutely love to meet up at Daytona if this showdown happens.
I wouldn't call it a "PACKAGE SYSTEM" but I guess you can call it what you want. I think it's a combination of components that they have found to work great together. BTW you have choices of different speakers. I if was in this business, which I am not and I had to warranty the products, I know I would use what I had confidence in.

There are people that don't want to know everything about audio, they just want a good sounding system that meets their need. They also want it to hold up and last, and if it doesn't they want someone to stand behind it. Yes their systems out there that will out perform it, but those systems from what I have seen, you loose all your space to carry things. I ride long trips and need my storage space. Everyone that's into audio wants to talk it and say I used this and that, they don't want to say I had someone install it. Like it makes them a lesser man. My system sounds great, it's loud as hell and clear as a bell. And if someone can out do it, I could give a **** less. It's my money and I spend it like I want and I don't care if you got your system for $500 or less, good for you. I did the install thing 3 times with just about everything that has been mentioned on this board. And while it sounded good, it either didn't sound as good as what I have now or didn't hold up. Y'all keep looking and working on it, I am going to ride mine and enjoy it and my tunes.

Allen

PS I plan on meeting in Daytona.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:03 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Wam
I wouldn't call it a "PACKAGE SYSTEM" but I guess you can call it what you want. I think it's a combination of components that they have found to work great together. BTW you have choices of different speakers. I if was in this business, which I am not and I had to warranty the products, I know I would use what I had confidence in.

There are people that don't want to know everything about audio, they just want a good sounding system that meets their need. They also want it to hold up and last, and if it doesn't they want someone to stand behind it. Yes their systems out there that will out perform it, but those systems from what I have seen, you loose all your space to carry things. I ride long trips and need my storage space. Everyone that's into audio wants to talk it and say I used this and that, they don't want to say I had someone install it. Like it makes them a lesser man. My system sounds great, it's loud as hell and clear as a bell. And if someone can out do it, I could give a **** less. It's my money and I spend it like I want and I don't care if you got your system for $500 or less, good for you. I did the install thing 3 times with just about everything that has been mentioned on this board. And while it sounded good, it either didn't sound as good as what I have now or didn't hold up. Y'all keep looking and working on it, I am going to ride mine and enjoy it and my tunes.

Allen

PS I plan on meeting in Daytona.
Just curious. What was the product u used in the 3 different installs that u did that were good but not as good as what u have now?

Thx!!!

Old 03-01-2019, 07:23 AM
Wam
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Just curious. What was the product u used in the 3 different installs that u did that were good but not as good as what u have now?

Thx!!!
I think I told all that early in this thread. But one that did the best but wouldn't hold up was Arc amp and speakers, but also Sony speakers, focal, mmats, Hertz and I forgot the name of the other amp, I had line levers. Can't really remember it all. I sold most of it on here and sold some locally. I also had help tuning from a car audio guy who competes in those competitions.

Just got tired of chasing something I couldn't find.

Last edited by Wam; 03-01-2019 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Wam
I think I told all that early in this thread. But one that did the best but wouldn't hold up was Arc amp and speakers, but also Sony speakers, focal, mmats, Hertz and I forgot the name of the other amp, I had line levers. Can't really remember it all. I sold most of it on here and sold some locally. I also had help tuning from a car audio guy who competes in those competitions.
So u don't know the specific speaker models you used? It might be helpful for those that are looking at changing their systems up.

What did u not like about each one?

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 03-01-2019 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:48 AM
Wam
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
So u don't know the specific speaker models you used? It might be helpful for those that are looking for changing their systems up.

What did u not like about each one?

T
I can dig up the specific speakers models, I seem to remember the Arc's were their most expensive 6.5 speakers. I remember the Arc amp was a 600.4 and it kept going into the protection mode. The mmats just seemed to squeal and the focals kind screened and neither one had any warm tones. The Sony's and arc's kept burning up. I will try to look back and see if I can find the models. I read on here what everyone was using and I bought them and bought more and more hunting that unicorn.
Sorry I can't remember right now.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:53 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,143 Likes on 765 Posts

Ive have had the Arcs and they were bulletproof for me. The MMats squeal? Not the pair I have.
Maybe all of this was a install issue or a tuning issue.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:08 AM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 422 Likes on 368 Posts

I remember the Arc amp was a 600.4 and it kept going into the protection mode.
Shoot I bought a used Arc 600.4 (I am it's third owner) and I hammer the daylights out of that thing with no issues.

No more calls please we have a winner.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:15 AM
Wam
Tourer

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Ive have had the Arcs and they were bulletproof for me. The MMats squeal? Not the pair I have.
Don't think it was a install issue, went over it to many times trying to figure out why the amp kept going in the protection mode. I have heard that they have had a problem with this and I guess you can get a bad one. If there's a bad one out there I guarantee I will get it. Looking back now I think the DSP and the right flash makes all the difference in the world. And some of what I had might have been great with the DSP. But I can tell you that I fried 2 Arc speakers.

Quick Reply: Soundz Inc