Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sirius/XM on a 2018 CVO Ultra with Integrated Fairing Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 01:50 PM
Stingray702
Road Master
Received 486 Likes on 240 Posts
Default Sirius/XM on a 2018 CVO Ultra with Integrated Fairing Antenna

I have the integrated fairing antenna on my 2018 Ultra. Added this when I did the detachable tourpack. When I first got the bike and did the initial 500 mile break-in, I drove all over Nevada out to the middle of nowhere, and then drove back to Vegas. At the time Sirius/XM was doing a promo and I had the service for free on the bike. It was great! Had a plethora of radio stations when I had no cell service, and never had a signal loss..Mind you, the bike was 100% stock at this point.

Fast forward, did the detachable tourpack, and was talked into the fairing antenna. Since then, I haven't really gone out to the middle of nowhere until yesterday. As soon as I left the city limits, there was basically no signal the whole time I was on the road.

Does anyone else have this antenna? Maybe mine was installed wrong? Or does it just plain suck? Any help is appreciated.

Ride safe

Old 11-19-2018, 04:08 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 499 Posts

They are hit or miss at best. The one in my 18 works fine. The one in the 16 not so much. I'm assuming you're referring to FM, it shouldn't have any effect on XM at all.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:09 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,293 Likes on 2,961 Posts

The fairing am/fm antenna is separate from the xm antenna. The xm antenna is a small cube that looks similar to the GPS antenna. One should have nothing to do with the other.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:16 PM
Stingray702
Road Master

hmmm...well, the XM used to work great before I messed with everything. Maybe they didin't hook it up properly. I really don't use the FM/AM/WB because I have Sirius/XM. Maybe when they were fooling around with everything the messed something up?

Old 11-23-2018, 01:40 PM
gray horse
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you purchase the XM package or was it a free sample with the bike? If it was the free demo, the time may have expired and you will need to contact Sirius and buy a subscription. You will need the Sirius ID number on the radio. Not sure how you get it though. The wife's new bike has XM radio but needs it set up and we haven't been able to pull up the ID number. If anyone has a clue as to how you do it please let me know.

Old 11-23-2018, 04:13 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,293 Likes on 2,961 Posts

Originally Posted by gray horse
Did you purchase the XM package or was it a free sample with the bike? If it was the free demo, the time may have expired and you will need to contact Sirius and buy a subscription. You will need the Sirius ID number on the radio. Not sure how you get it though. The wife's new bike has XM radio but needs it set up and we haven't been able to pull up the ID number. If anyone has a clue as to how you do it please let me know.
If it's the 6.5 radio, turn to channel 0 on XM and it will display the ID number.

Old 11-24-2018, 12:30 PM
Stingray702
Road Master

Originally Posted by gray horse
The bike came with XM bundled into it. XM was giving a free demo when I bought the bike. I have XM in my vehicles, so I got a subscriptions for the bike as well. The XM works ok around town. Never a full signal but 2 of the 3 bars at least. As soon as I get out of town the signal fades and I lose service.

I'm just wondering when they installed the inner fairing antenna if the messed something up with the XM antenna. I understand that that they are different systems. I'm taking the bike in on Monday to get the recall handled, and they're gonna look at the XM antenna. I know it works, because when I first got the bike I went on a 500 mile ride and never lost service once. Something happened when I had all the upgrades put on the bike.