Notices
Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypothetical

Old 07-13-2019, 05:13 PM
FLHTK2015
One Of The Regulars
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Hypothetical

What happens if I play my aftermarket speakers with my stock Harley (Rushmore) radio? Radio is looking for 2 ohms, speakers are 4 ohms. I'm doing some work on my amp and DSP setup, but I want to ride in the meantime. Will I damage the speakers and/or head unit? I wouldn't be blasting it, just loud enough to hear. Will be this way for like a week. Turn it on or resist temptation and leave radio off? Thank you in advance!

Old 07-13-2019, 07:11 PM
dabears1985
One Of The Regulars
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can always go up in impedance just not lower than the system can handle. You will notice a significant loss of volume as the power output of the stock HU will be cut in half with the 4 ohm speakers.

Old 07-13-2019, 07:32 PM
FLHTK2015
One Of The Regulars
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Dabears1985, thank you! This is what I was looking for. I'll be happy to have enough volume just to hear. It's only temporary 👍

Old 07-13-2019, 09:40 PM
FrenchieM
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by dabears1985 View Post
You can always go up in impedance just not lower than the system can handle. You will notice a significant loss of volume as the power output of the stock HU will be cut in half with the 4 ohm speakers.
Check your PM please

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: