Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best 2 speaker fairing setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2023, 05:34 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 649 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptCrunch
Looks clean. I’m on a 21 streetglide and I’d like to mimic this setup, except I’d like to go fairing only and maybe bags later. What components would I need besides the speakers and amp to get the cleanest install? I searched around and couldn’t find those grills but I’m kinda new to bike audio.
The grills are hogtune fairing grills drilled out to fit the AD 4000 tweeters. AD now has a new 5000 tweeter that is their latest and greatest but it would be hard to tell the difference in the sound at speed. The pods will have to be notched to accept the 5000's also.

Old 07-18-2023, 11:16 PM
Leimy
Tourer
Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts

Hey guys,
Don't throw rocks at me. Im just the messenger.

After reading all of the posts, not once did a see a post about the Rockford Fosgate speakers and amps.
NOT me.... a riding buddy just spent $4300 for 2 front speakers, 2 lid speakers, amp in fairing, amp in both bag. My blood aint that rich. Im looking to just start by upgrading speakers.
I have a 2017 Ultra.

Old 07-19-2023, 05:59 AM
memphisharley
Road Warrior

Received 437 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Leimy
Hey guys,
Don't throw rocks at me. Im just the messenger.

After reading all of the posts, not once did a see a post about the Rockford Fosgate speakers and amps.
NOT me.... a riding buddy just spent $4300 for 2 front speakers, 2 lid speakers, amp in fairing, amp in both bag. My blood aint that rich. Im looking to just start by upgrading speakers.
I have a 2017 Ultra.
you may want to start your own thread.
good luck!

Old 09-08-2023, 12:01 PM
mikes300
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 482 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
On my last bike i ran hertz ml1800.3 7" speakers in the fairing on biketronic's brackets along with beyma sql 60 horns in a set of jarz pods thru a dsi 3 dsp and that setup was solid also. Given the 2 setsup's these ad 5000's/ 4000 tweeters are warmer but just dont play as low as the ml1800.3's.
good to know, i'm running the hertz 1650.3 drivers, one size down form those, they sound great too. I'm considering going to a 6.5 in my lids from a 6X9, i keep hearing that's the way to go, maybe some beymas or euphorias?

Old 10-10-2023, 11:49 PM
Rcloud72
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CaffeineBuzz
yeah, i call bullshit, but if you want to put your money where your mouth is, i'm game for a gentleman's bet on a good lunch somewhere, big brother

you will listen to steve, and yoopers, bikes, baby boy will be there as well as Frenchie.....and so many others....gypsy's trike sounds amazing....and when we leave, you will have plans to upgrade

hehe...he said "most likely itll be the only audio i do"....bike audio isn't an upgrade, it's a viral infection, you have it now, and you will have flare ups that require upgrading your audio

are we on?
truer words have never been spoken. If I had ten bucks for every set of speakers I’ve tried in my bike and another ten bucks for each amp tried and yet another ten for each dsp I just had to check out ….. Hell with all that money made I’d be able to buy some more stuff to try out. And all the while looking daily to see what else is out there I may wanna check out.

It’s definitely addicting and hard to kick the habit. You make that bet you’ll lose for sure. Imo

Old 10-11-2023, 10:51 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Rcloud72
truer words have never been spoken. If I had ten bucks for every set of speakers I’ve tried in my bike and another ten bucks for each amp tried and yet another ten for each dsp I just had to check out ….. Hell with all that money made I’d be able to buy some more stuff to try out. And all the while looking daily to see what else is out there I may wanna check out.

It’s definitely addicting and hard to kick the habit. You make that bet you’ll lose for sure. Imo
I am will you 100% but I would only take $5 for every component I have been thru LOL.

That has really changed on here in the past 5 years. Everyone is looking for recommendations and not doing any R&D on any equipment anymore.

I remember a few years back I myself tried EVERY 6.5 coax and component speaker that DD AUDIO offered (series a,b,c and d)

This page used to be a great resource for equipment as the members that were on here spent their own $$$ and did a ton of R&D and testing. Now it is all cookie cutter systems from the same old equipment recommendations.

I still have equipment on the shelves that I bought doubles of when I was testing for a JUST IN CASE something failed during my testing as I pushed the equipment to its max to give a honest review. LOL

Last edited by Babyboy; 10-11-2023 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-11-2023, 05:21 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,603 Likes on 3,032 Posts

^^^^ that for sure!

I still have probably 6 different 6.5 speakers on the shelf. Arc Motos, Arc HD, Faitals, GZ Yellows, DD VO's, and PRV's.

8's I have JL880, and DD for sure.

8" tour pack

Amps also

It's crazy what we accumulate!!

Old 10-19-2023, 11:14 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,237 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy
I am will you 100% but I would only take $5 for every component I have been thru LOL.

That has really changed on here in the past 5 years. Everyone is looking for recommendations and not doing any R&D on any equipment anymore.

I remember a few years back I myself tried EVERY 6.5 coax and component speaker that DD AUDIO offered (series a,b,c and d)

This page used to be a great resource for equipment as the members that were on here spent their own $$$ and did a ton of R&D and testing. Now it is all cookie cutter systems from the same old equipment recommendations.

I still have equipment on the shelves that I bought doubles of when I was testing for a JUST IN CASE something failed during my testing as I pushed the equipment to its max to give a honest review. LOL
It's definitely not the same platform as it used to be here.