Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harman-Kardon CD Player Won't Eject

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:10 AM
timwheeler45
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harman-Kardon CD Player Won't Eject

Bought an 07 Street Glide brand new and four years later starting to have problems with the stereo...CD player won't eject. I disconnected the battery thinking this may do a reset with no success. Are there any factory reset buttons on the receiver hidden within the fairing?...With the Harman-Kardon being proprietary for Harley-Davidson I know that a tech will pull the unit send it off to H-K and my understanding is that the H-D tech will reinstall a refurbished unit. Aren't I better off just buying an aftermarket marine stereo with a warranty? Appreciate any feedback/wisdom. BTW...I plan to do the uninstall/install myself if I go the aftermarket route.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:10 AM
HardyHarHarley
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a huge "Sticky" in the Touring Section about HK radios. But I copied/paste this for your review.

As an example of changes in the EDM from model year to model year, Symptom 4 in the 2006 and 2007 EDM's was "CD won't eject." The 2006 EDM simply says to replace the radio if this symptom appears. The 2007 EDM says to pull the maxi fuse, wait five minutes, then try the radio. If it still doesn't operate, replace the radio. The 2010 EDM doesn't include "CD won't eject" as a symptom. So, symptoms do change from year to year though many remain the same.

Also, the vendor who authored all the information you will find there, might to of help. You might want to contact them.

Good luck.

Jim

Old 03-31-2011, 06:47 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Give Iron Cross Audio a call; they're experts in repairing HK head units.

http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/

They also buy cores.

Unless you need the HK for an integrated CB or intercom, an aftermarket head unit is a great alternative. Check-out Biketronics and Hawg-wired for their interface modules (to allow handlebar control of the aftermarket radio) and their installation kits.

Carl