Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for the HK Tech Gods

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Question for the HK Tech Gods

My HK is currently being modified by Iron Cross Audio getting pre amp outputs and a blue LED face installed. While it's there, they're going to flash it to enable the rear speakers at no charge.

I currently run Hertz 6.5 speakers and an Arc amp up front. The pre amp jacks from ICA are for the Arc amp.

I have a HogTunes 24.2 amp and matching HogTunes speakers sitting idle that I installed in my detachable Tour Pak. I installed the BOOM! Audio bass ports from the speaker pods and velcro'd the amp to the Tour Pak liner. I want to extend speaker wires from the HK and 12VDC back to a plug near the Tour Pak and use the newly activated HK fade controls for those speakers.

HD sells a $100.00+ cable assembly which has a ganglia of connectors for the intercom, navigation, etc - none of which I plan to use, so the pricey cable is useless to me.

My question is this: Can I simply tap into the appropriate pins from the newly enabled connector and extend those wires to the Tour Pak?

Any insight appreciated.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Iron Cross Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ktm_scott
My HK is currently being modified by Iron Cross Audio getting pre amp outputs and a blue LED face installed. While it's there, they're going to flash it to enable the rear speakers at no charge.

I currently run Hertz 6.5 speakers and an Arc amp up front. The pre amp jacks from ICA are for the Arc amp.

I have a HogTunes 24.2 amp and matching HogTunes speakers sitting idle that I installed in my detachable Tour Pak. I installed the BOOM! Audio bass ports from the speaker pods and velcro'd the amp to the Tour Pak liner. I want to extend speaker wires from the HK and 12VDC back to a plug near the Tour Pak and use the newly activated HK fade controls for those speakers.

HD sells a $100.00+ cable assembly which has a ganglia of connectors for the intercom, navigation, etc - none of which I plan to use, so the pricey cable is useless to me.

My question is this: Can I simply tap into the appropriate pins from the newly enabled connector and extend those wires to the Tour Pak?

Any insight appreciated.
You can just tap into the pins, or we can make you a connector with just the speaker wire pigtails.
This way, if you decide to add any accessories later, you just have to pin the connector.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Just use the ICA rear speaker pin-outs/connectors to run the +/- wires to the HT amp as the amp inputs, and connect the amp outputs to your TP speakers. Any 18 ga. speaker wire will do what you want. There's no reason to spend the $$$ on an HD non-Ultra overlay harness unless you want to add passenger controls for PTT, mode select, etc.

Carl