Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

Detailing our bikes

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 09:20 PM
Zedbra
Road Warrior
Received 901 Likes on 497 Posts

Originally Posted by No U Glider
I was using Turtle Chrome polish my primary and cam cover, got some little smears of it on the black wrinkle....What works best for cleaning the black wrinkle on the engine? Thanks...
Use a pencil eraser to clean wax/polish out of black trim/wrinkles.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:23 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,360 Likes on 11,173 Posts

f11...

Old 08-26-2018, 11:18 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 640 Likes on 495 Posts

Thinking about coating my tins with Herculiner bed liner. I painted a pal's Street Bob with wrinkle black earlier this year.

Old 08-27-2018, 06:56 PM
17 Ultra
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree F11 Rocks.

Old 03-15-2019, 12:53 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,146 Likes on 766 Posts

Originally Posted by 17 Ultra
I agree F11 Rocks.
No way! NEVER! Marketing hype. Tons better out there cheaper

Old 03-15-2019, 01:11 PM
otto.maddox
Cruiser
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
No way! NEVER! Marketing hype. Tons better out there cheaper
What would you recommend for the layman wanting to clean their bike? Polish Angel Cosmic V2 (noticed it in your sig) looks like pro level stuff. I'm sure it's awesome but might be a bit more work than some are willing to put into a simple wash of their motorcycle.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:57 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Are you going to polish with a machine? Just looking for protection?
Polish Angel is very easy to apply actually. But without polishing to as close to perfect as possible, results will suffer

Old 03-15-2019, 02:31 PM
KYRGultra
Road Master
Received 489 Likes on 306 Posts

Very seldom do I feel the need to get out the bucket, hose, carwash and all that goes with it. Maybe only once a season, or after a trip. My bike just doesn't get that dirty. My routine is to get the bike standing straight up with my jack and roll all around it on a wheeled stool. I take the painted areas, one section at a time, and wipe down with a damp microfiber cloth then dry with another microfiber cloth. Through with all the painted areas then I start on the chrome and other non painted surfaces using the same cloths. When I do get the hose and bucket going I use S100 on the motor area and rinse quickly and well. Maybe even do the S100 on the motor twice--but don't use S100 on painted areas cause besides cleaning it will strip your wax off. And I did, until recently, keep a good coat (or 2) of wax on my bike.

Not long ago someone gave me a container of Lucas Spray Mist detailer/quick wax/whatever. Years ago I tried both Meguiars and Turtle Wax sprays. Wasn't impressed, ended up trashing them after they sat around the garage a couple of years. But the Lucas Spray Mist IS GREAT STUFF! It gives me a shiny gloss like I have never gotten with wax. Easy to use, and quick. I may never use regular wax again.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:15 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by KYRGultra
Very seldom do I feel the need to get out the bucket, hose, carwash and all that goes with it. Maybe only once a season, or after a trip. My bike just doesn't get that dirty. My routine is to get the bike standing straight up with my jack and roll all around it on a wheeled stool. I take the painted areas, one section at a time, and wipe down with a damp microfiber cloth then dry with another microfiber cloth. Through with all the painted areas then I start on the chrome and other non painted surfaces using the same cloths. When I do get the hose and bucket going I use S100 on the motor area and rinse quickly and well. Maybe even do the S100 on the motor twice--but don't use S100 on painted areas cause besides cleaning it will strip your wax off. And I did, until recently, keep a good coat (or 2) of wax on my bike.

Not long ago someone gave me a container of Lucas Spray Mist detailer/quick wax/whatever. Years ago I tried both Meguiars and Turtle Wax sprays. Wasn't impressed, ended up trashing them after they sat around the garage a couple of years. But the Lucas Spray Mist IS GREAT STUFF! It gives me a shiny gloss like I have never gotten with wax. Easy to use, and quick. I may never use regular wax again.
Wiping down with a damp cloth? Just water?

Old 03-15-2019, 07:05 PM
KYRGultra
Road Master
Received 489 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Wiping down with a damp cloth? Just water?
Yep, just a dampened microfiber cloth.

But...., as I stated my bike never gets really dirty. If I had any dried mud, caked on road grime, etc. I would be getting the hose out but that's not usually necessary.

Quick Reply: Detailing our bikes