Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for pics of Mustang Wide Touring Vintage Solo Seat on Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 12:06 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Looking for pics of Mustang Wide Touring Vintage Solo Seat on Wide Glide

I'm thinking about one of these seats for a solo, long trip seat. I'd love to see some pics of one on a Wide Glide but haven't found them.

If you have a Wide Glide with the Mustang Vintage Wide Solo, post a pic! I'd love to see it.

If you have this seat on another Dyna model, post it too. I'll check them all out. Google hasn't helped me much.

Also, if you can think of an even more comfortable seat for a long trip, let me know!

Old 01-18-2015, 12:45 PM
1999 Wide Glide
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a Mustang Wide solo with the wide passenger pillion. It was an ok set up as far as comfort goes. I now have a Corbin dual tour which is much more comfortable for long distance riding. I have put an old pic with the Mustang set up and the current set up with the Corbin so you can see the difference.

The Mustang seat caused me to be a couple inches closer to the tank than the factory seat did. The Corbin is about an inch further away from the tank than stock.

Attached Thumbnails Looking for pics of Mustang Wide Touring Vintage Solo Seat on Wide Glide-dyna-challenge-01.jpg   Looking for pics of Mustang Wide Touring Vintage Solo Seat on Wide Glide-0004.jpg  
Old 01-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Jason Oates
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This isn't the greatest pic, although it's my '05 Wide Glide with the Mustang Solo Wide with removable backrest (and yes, it's turned around on purpose - moving around the garage and it won't go anywhere if it's on the bike!) I didn't think I'd be sold on the backrest, but it's awesome.

The seat did move me back a little bit over the stock seat. With my extended reach controls it was something I had to adjust to but it's getting more comfortable with each ride! I've heard that Corbin's are quite nice although you have to make that initial "investment" of seat time to get it to conform to you. I'd definitely recommend the Mustang thus far and in the future I'll look more into a Corbin for fun.

Good luck!

Old 01-19-2015, 12:02 AM
shovelheadroad
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 01-19-2015, 07:04 AM
rffhunter
Cruiser

Here's one on my Streetbob. I highly recommend the back rest!

Attached Thumbnails Looking for pics of Mustang Wide Touring Vintage Solo Seat on Wide Glide-100_0023.jpg   Looking for pics of Mustang Wide Touring Vintage Solo Seat on Wide Glide-100_0024.jpg  
Old 01-19-2015, 10:15 AM
FXHero
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the seat, but get the backrest if you drive long-distance. I bought it without the backrest, and now I have to repurchase the seat to correct my mistake. Or build my own backrest. Or suffer back-pain.

Cheers

Old 01-19-2015, 10:40 AM
Steel Steed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm wondering about the back rest. I've never had one before, so I'm wondering if I would even miss it. Also, i'm fat so I wonder if the back rest will make me feel cramped and prevent me from putting my butt in the socket of the seat.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:21 AM
Jason Oates
Tourer

Originally Posted by Steel Steed
...i'm fat so I wonder if the back rest will make me feel cramped and prevent me from putting my butt in the socket of the seat.
I bought the extended backrest bracket ($25) just in case the stock one put a little too much pressure on me (you can adjust both with an included set screw) although the extended bracket was an excellent choice! It's also nice because you can start by sitting more upright and actually reach reach behind to put more/less pressure/lean on the backrest. It's very nice! The other option that I've tried is that if you get tired of the backrest on a longer ride, or initially don't want/need it, you can flip the bracket around backwards and let the backrest sit against your rear render, out of your way. Not a bad option since i don't have any saddlebags to put it in.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:04 AM
dwagar
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Setting up my new Switchback for touring, I went with the Vintage Solo with Backrest and the thin passenger seat (76444). I ride solo, but do sometimes carry a TBag on that seat.

The backrest is very adjustable, first one I've had, I think it's great.