Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What To Do To My Wide Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 06:36 AM
cpmskinny
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What To Do To My Wide Glide?

Here is my Wide Glide. I love this thing, but I am looking for some suggestions as to how I can customize it since I am new to this addiction. Seems that there are thousands of different options out there, but I am looking for some suggestions from some of you seasoned vets out there that would make my experience a heck of a lot better.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:03 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

I'd guess the first question would be, what have you done to your WG? Pipes obviously, but what sort of running state is it in? Still using the factory mapping or did you go to a flash tuner? In my mind the first things I do to improve the bike is maximize the performance for the configuration it's currently in, I can always add the pretties later

My WG is a '13 and the first things I did were pipes, A/C and external breather, a Power Vision flash tuner, removed the reflectors and frame stickers (free upgrades!) replaced the tractor seat and replaced the cheap stock shift rod, once she was running at the optimum I could get for her current build state I started adding the bits and pieces to make her my own.

Just took these in the garage and this is the best I can do for images right now, once the snow and ice melt a bit I'll roll her out and get some decent shots, I've still got two boxes of parts to add before spring.

I've done quite a bit in the way of additions but maximizing the state of tune is always the thing that I start with, nothing improves the experience like a properly running machine...

Old 03-04-2015, 09:19 AM
cpmskinny
Intermediate

Yes, pipes are the first and only thing I have done at this point. I couldn't stand how quiet those stock jobs were. The mech from where I purchased the bike from said I could just put pipes on her and let her roll. Did you take it back to the dealership for tuning or get your own tuner?

Thank you for those tips, now I will be looking into those areas for improvement.

Last edited by cpmskinny; 03-04-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:49 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,750 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by cpmskinny
Yes, pipes are the first and only thing I have done at this point. I couldn't stand how quiet those stock jobs were. The mech from where I purchased the bike from said I could just put pipes on her and let her roll. Did you take it back to the dealership for tuning or get your own tuner?

Thank you for those tips, now I will be looking into those areas for improvement.
I'm one of those who avoids the dealer like a plague, I love wrenching my rides so I bought a Power Vision flash tuner, the map supplied by FuelMoto for my build of DK Customs A/C, V&H Big Shots Staggered pipes with torque inserts and no baffles was quite decent, I did a couple of auto tunes with the PV and was able to really dial it in. This is my first EFI Harley, all my other HD's have been carbed bikes so I had a lot to learn but I'm very happy with the results using the Power Vision.

I'll be replacing the rear wheel with a solid rear wheel in May, then I'm getting into the primary to replace the auto tensioner and the compensator with Baker goodness once they've finished their testing on the compensator and I'm planning on installing cams and a bit of headwork next winter along with a 52 mammoth spoke front wheel... it never really ends, it just evolves

One of the reasons I love HD's is you can create exactly what you see in your mind, you have an image of what you want and then you chase it and can build it and make the vision reality...

Old 03-04-2015, 10:44 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

Mini apes, change out the A/C, and lower the back end.
Maybe you should tell us what direction you would like to go...what kind of riding you want to do, etc.?

Old 03-04-2015, 11:08 AM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

Andrews 48 cams Will really wake that motor up along with stage one A/C . Maybe some powder coating

Old 03-04-2015, 02:39 PM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Look's pretty good now but one thing for sure, the stock seat is like a Brick!

Old 03-04-2015, 02:41 PM
Kcdcltd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget to ride it.......

Old 03-04-2015, 03:50 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by cpmskinny

Here is my Wide Glide. I love this thing, but I am looking for some suggestions as to how I can customize it since I am new to this addiction. Seems that there are thousands of different options out there, but I am looking for some suggestions from some of you seasoned vets out there that would make my experience a heck of a lot better.
Not sure what you are looking to do, but we have a few things to offer for your Dyna. Some of the easy mods are always the foot pegs. We have lots to choose from: http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Footpegs_c9.htm

We also have tank lifts, which is a small mod with a dramatic change:
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Dyna...t-Kits_c29.htm

Or, you could go with the coil relo:
http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/Dyna...n-Kits_c34.htm

Hope this has helped you out, keep us posted with the mods. We love pictures

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 03-04-2015, 04:47 PM
Azgunner
Tourer

Stage 1 upgrade & then a set of 16" apes. I'm way beyond the stage 1 upgrade fo performance, but the other single best rideability improvement was putting on a set of 16" apes. They are far more comfortable for your neck, shoulders, & upper back than t-bars or lower styled h-bars.

Quick Reply: What To Do To My Wide Glide?