Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD windshield woes - 09 Fat bob

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 08:33 AM
Antonio Balls
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,648 Likes on 792 Posts
Default This Makes Sense

Originally Posted by Clearview Shields
Hello. Clearview Shields makes a replacement windshield to fit the HD Quick Release brackets from Harley Davidson for the Fat Bob. You can visit www.clearviewshields.com to see all of the available options and associated pricing. You can also test drive the windshield to make sure that it meets your expectations. The shield will have a protective film on it, and as long as this is not removed when you test drive, the shield would be fully returnable for an exchange windshield, or you can receive a refund. You would be responsible for any additional shipping charges. If you are interested, please order online or call me at 800 798 6089. Andy
You've got to be nuts not to at least try this screen out. It is lower on the sides as well as has a re-curve on top. Also is wider than the HD screen. Sounds like a no-brainer to "test ride". Nobody else offers this.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by apblingAEW
Mchad, my 15" sucks at like 50mph, but 65+ was fine. Some sunglasses buffeting, but I strapped my head strap tighter to hold them down and it was doable. I guess I'll take the greater good of no chest pressure with the lesser evil of some buffeting. Don't plan on leaving the shield on except for interstate riding anyway, seeing as I think it's ugly as all get out.
Yeah, its such a nice day today that I think when I leave for lunch, I may not come back to work... So I'll get some speed testing done.

While reading stuff here (bad thing to do sometimes...) I saw the National Cycles deflector screens. Like the look a lot. Also am now debating a 1/4 fairing (style) for the first time. And then there's the clearview.

I think I can turn this whole adventure into a $500 waste of money real quick without trying too hard...

Old 07-28-2015, 10:35 AM
apblingAEW
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default HD windshield woes - 09 Fat bob

Agreed. My fatbob twin lights really limited my choices. The national ones just didn't look good to me...