Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander... D'OH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 05:23 PM
mjdodd1107
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander... D'OH!!!

So, I received my Power Commander via UPS today, and I eagerly opened it up to get on with the installation... it was then that i discovered that the software that comes with the module DOESN'T WORK WITH MACINTOSH COMPUTERS!!!!! So, i called their customer service hotline, and i was informed that they have no version that is compatible with a Mac, nor do they have any plans of making one! It doesn't even work with the virtual windows program.

Grumble grumble....

Well i guess the score is now:

Steve Jobs: 1,000,000
Bill Gates: 1

Old 05-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Power Commander... D'OH!!!

[sm=violin.gif]I thought Macs could emulate a PC. Do you know anyone with a Windows-based laptop?

Old 05-01-2007, 05:50 PM
glide05
Road Warrior

Is this a surprise?

I was a huge mac fan from mid 80s to mid/late 90s. I still have one sitting in my office (paperweight). I got sick and tired of the fact that aftermarket stuff cost 10x what it cost for a PC, and there was no software for many applications. Now I know the peripheral stuff is better (by this I mean cost to the consumer) with USB and Firewire, but for an application like PCIII, there is just no way DynoJet is going to make the software design and support effort for less than 1% of the market.

The macs are still nice - but the ipod saved Apple's bacon - nothing to do with personal computing. The marketing strategy on the ipod was brilliant - become the standard, ship directly from China during peak holiday seasons so they didn't have to share ANY profit with retailers - pocket every dime. Now they own a market that Billy G wants, and he's never going to get, just like Apple will never own a significant stake in the personal computer market, unless they change ($). Now if Steve was willing to slash his rediculous prices ........ maybe he'd get somewhere.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:52 PM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now mjdodd1107...that wasn't very nice to say about Microsoft! Besides...I didn't even know that there was another computer called a...I think you saida "Mac?"

Just put the change to Windows in your HD Accessories I Had To Have column and call it a wash!

Good luck, Matt!

Steve

Old 05-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Bujin
Cruiser

so this brings to mind the question, what's the difference between a MAC and an etch-a-sketch????

you don't have to shake a MAC,,,

sorry, just couldn't pass that one up,,,

Old 05-01-2007, 06:11 PM
arkieollie
Tourer

Yeah, but those mac commercials are FUNNY!

Old 05-01-2007, 06:26 PM
rockdoc
Tourer

Man, bustin on the Macs. I use Macs, PC's and Linux - OS X is by far a superior operating system over Windows (as one would expect out of a Unix-based system). I'd rather not have to do anything with the PC but occasionally I run across something that I have to use a PC for - too many dang viruses. I dumped the PCIII software on a Lenovo laptop I am occasionally forced to use (it sucks....). It's too bad the PCIII software is not written with a cross-platform language so we could run it on what we want t run it on, rather than being forced to run it on a PC.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:52 PM
hounddog
Tourer

see now this is why i went with the Dobeck TFI controller!!!! NO computers!!!!!! super sweet and cheap, and if you can understand and tune a carb yer set. o and mac's stink i do autocadd work for a civil eng firm and there is no macs here for that very reason.....

Old 05-01-2007, 08:50 PM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain

Yet another proof that Macs suck.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

I like Macs. I liked Beta VCRs too. Both products were/are superior to their competition. Marketing, pricing, and third party integration/support/accessories play a major role in public acceptance.

Musicians, publishing, and artsy types swear by their Macs. I doubt very many motorcycle shops and performance tuners are artsy types. Maybe Dynotech thought the same thing.

Quick Reply: Power Commander... D'OH!!!