Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   CGGorman's 99 Wide Glide build thread (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/1103861-cggormans-99-wide-glide-build-thread.html)

TinCupChalice 09-15-2016 07:49 PM

Those images are sobering; I'm so thankful you're still with us, brother. You can repair your ride; and you're here to do it ;)

multihdrdr 09-15-2016 07:51 PM

Yeah, at first glance...doesn't look all that bad. Forks look to be bent evenly...we're you looking for a little more "Trail" ;)

Stupid boulders

cggorman 09-15-2016 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart (Post 15515552)
When i heard the impact you took, I expected to see some much more damage to the ride... That is very fixable. You should start a build thread on your shoulders.

LOL! Too right! I keep meaning to get my x-rays and CT scans from the hospital but I always forget. I assume I'll have more after the implants. Eventually I'll remember and get them in the other thread.

Nemosengineer 09-15-2016 10:11 PM

Mister Gorman,
You are one tough son of a gun, I admire your grit, and your attitude. Full speed ahead my friend.

Best Wishes: Mike

cggorman 09-15-2016 10:24 PM

Thanks, call me Chris. We're all brothers here. I just use the impossible-to-pronounce cggorman as my handle because it's what I've always used. Google it and you'd probably find forum posts from 15 years ago. LOL.

hetkehog 09-16-2016 09:18 PM

with you fab skills that's minor repair right there

cggorman 09-16-2016 09:21 PM

Yeah, as long as the frame isn't twisted I'll probably have it back on the road next summer. Mostly depends on how long it takes me to get my arms back and how much money the insurance pays out.

Reindeer 09-17-2016 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by cggorman
Thanks, call me Chris. We're all brothers here. I just use the impossible-to-pronounce cggorman as my handle because it's what I've always used. Google it and you'd probably find forum posts from 15 years ago. LOL.

Funny, before one of your hospital posts that had your actual name on it, I always read it as "cggor-man" and wondered what the hell a cggor was.

Good to see you're enthusiastic about getting back to working on the bike. A lot of people would walk away.

Frédéric CM 09-17-2016 09:17 AM

From here, bike seems fixable :)
Wrenching will be a good rehab for your arms !

Funny thing, we should open a broken member club ! I could join now, I broke my left thumb tuesday... Hit it with a BFH at work, trying to get a CV joint back on it splines...
Life sucks, and then you die lol !

cggorman 10-04-2016 11:53 AM

Got a call from the insurance today. They totaled the bike. No surprise. Repair estimate was about $10k and bike value is about $5k. I'm going to stop by the shop and go thru the estimate to be sure the bike is repairable, but I expect to be buying it back. In that case, the payout will be about $4k and I have to get a salvage title.