Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna S Lounge: FXDL-S

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 09:18 AM
brownie4412
HDF Community Team
Received 1,021 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by CharliesDyna
Fab 28 2-1 exhaust
Saddlemen SDC Pro Gripper Seat w/ rider lumbar support and matching passenger backrest
T-Sport Fairing w/anti-buffeting kit
LeatherPro Saddlebags
LED headlight
LED turn indicators
Custom Dynamics Light Bar
Moons MC tail light
Crossthread Cycles pegs & pedals
Bung King crash bars
Big Bear Performance Front Motor Mount
14" Heavy Duty Legend Arch Revo Piggyback Rear Shocks
Race Tech fork internals w/ gold valve emulators
Speed Merchant pre-load adjusters
Pro-One Gold Fork Tubes
13" Lucky Daves Lucky 13 bars
Galfer Rotors & Pads
Meuller EZ Pull Clutch
Shorty Flo Levers
Gauge Relocation with t-bar mounting bracket
Vans Lock On ODI grips
Right on man, I love it.

It's good to see another S residing in the buckeye state. I haven't seen many outside of my own.

Oh and Go Browns!

Old 09-17-2023, 12:08 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,514 Likes on 2,134 Posts

I’ve been loitering around the M8 forum too much due to my Road King 124 build. It caused me to neglect my first love, my 2017 Low Rider S. Now that the Road King is done, and I’m riding the Dyna more, I’ll reintroduce myself and my bike.

This will be TL/DR so you can skip to the last section if you want. But a little history first.

I got my first Low Rider S, right off the truck in early 2016 when Empire Harley in NY got their first round delivered. This was when they were giving those challenge coins “
celebrating the new “special” model. No one rode that bike other than HD employees as I sat there waiting for them to finish prepping it, and I was gone. Didn’t do very much to it honestly, just bars, suspension - NIX22 in the fork and some 764’s on the back end. A power vision stage 1 with an excellent FuelMoto E-series 2:1 pipe. A Memphis Shades cafe fairing and some 8” Wild1 T’s. Not much else TBH, as I wasn’t much of a wrench at that point. Still racked up the miles and loved every one of them.

Eventually ended up with a 2020 Softail LRS, which handled better, was faster and looked pretty cool. But I hated the hard mounted counterbalanced motor buzzing the bars at highway speeds. Lost interest in riding it and stuck to my Road King mostly. My buddy at my dealer listened me bitch endlessly about the Softail, and constantly reminded me of when he said “don’t sell the Dyna…” Anyway, he calls me up in Jan of 2020 and says they took a 2017 LRS w/2k miles in on trade. Even though they were closed to walk ins due to Covid, I went down there, took one look, a quick ride to make sure it felt right, and after a carfax, I snatched it up. Sold the M8 LRS privately. Took a bath on it as usual. Oh well.

Fast forward three and a half years and here she is:

After stupidly moving to SW Florida, I shipped her up to Scott Palmer at Hillside Cycles in upstate NY for a full build. He bored the case, put an S&S stroker crank, timkim conversion, S&S 124 pistons and jugs, did a stage 2 head job with Vulcan Engineering Shaft-Loc rocker supports and a 59mm TB along with Bobby Wood 9F cams, S&S pump & plate, and some fancy “124” badges lol. I myself previously put a 3guyz remote oil filter housing, and plumbed inline an Ultracool fan assisted oil cooler. Those and some love jugs mighty mites keep the motor happy in this south Florida inferno I now live. I installed some excellent GP Suspension 25mm fork carts, a superbrace and Ohlins 764’s again. Using a predator front mount, and have my eyes on either a sputhe or a tru-track for the rear. Put a full fender on the rear, and a 2018+ Softail quarter fairing up front. Wild1 12” T’s and some HD heated grips as well. (did that when I was up in NY). Also a pair of Arlen Ness 15” rotors helps all that juice slow down. A JW Speaker adaptive LED and Custom Dynamics LED’s everywhere else. Lastly, a Bung king crash bar and a BMC/Corbin “Wall” seat to keep me from flying off. It had a D&D Fat Cat originally, but I couldn’t take how loud it was. So I sold that pipe and Jamie at FuelMoto found me one of his last Dyna E-series 2:1’s and took out the disc based muffler and built a muffler using his excellent RTX baffle. Loud enough, but doesn’t make my ears bleed. Dyno’d at 140/153. Which is enough for me.

So that’s that.

I love this bike…

Last edited by Mchad; 09-17-2023 at 12:10 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Mchad:
Nailz (09-17-2023), snake_eyes (09-17-2023), Suede Blue Man (09-17-2023)
Old 09-17-2023, 12:35 PM
Nailz
Tourer
Received 93 Likes on 48 Posts

Hey... I think I saw your "HOG" on a make-shift trailer?

Can you confirm?

Old 09-17-2023, 02:09 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,514 Likes on 2,134 Posts

No that was me…