Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real world difference in stopping? Single vs dual

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 01:08 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,513 Likes on 2,134 Posts

Originally Posted by Chonk
The real problem is that if you don't have a bagger with the Brembos you'll end up with H-D brakes. I just don't think that the MoCo has taken brakes seriously but with the performance Dyna craze I think they will (or should).

I'm adding semi-sintered pad and SS braided brake lines to see if I can get rid of the spongy lever pull and introduce some feel.

Supposedly the combination of organic and sintered metal will give good brake feel.

Also, from my research the OEM brake pads are sintered metal. These take a special break in which includes a dramatic heat cycle (there I go speaking from memory again...).

Only ridden my FXDL-S 7 miles before taking it back to the shop for brake upgrades and other tweaks but definitely noticed sponginess that should not have been there.

Last time I felt that sponginess was on my Switchback which ended up with a front master cylinder recall.

Chonk

Just to chime in and go completely OT, I've put a couple hundred on my FXDLS (thanks to shitty NY weather) but the brakes have substantially improved as the pads bedded. Still got a squishy lever, but they work very well now. I'm pretty good with them actually. I'll still may put the Lyndall Gold pads I bought for my FXDL and never installed in, unless I don't like I didn't before...

The following users liked this post:
Chonk (04-13-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 01:19 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Chonk
The real problem is that if you don't have a bagger with the Brembos you'll end up with H-D brakes. I just don't think that the MoCo has taken brakes seriously but with the performance Dyna craze I think they will (or should).

I'm adding semi-sintered pad and SS braided brake lines to see if I can get rid of the spongy lever pull and introduce some feel.

Supposedly the combination of organic and sintered metal will give good brake feel.

Also, from my research the OEM brake pads are sintered metal. These take a special break in which includes a dramatic heat cycle (there I go speaking from memory again...).

Only ridden my FXDL-S 7 miles before taking it back to the shop for brake upgrades and other tweaks but definitely noticed sponginess that should not have been there.

Last time I felt that sponginess was on my Switchback which ended up with a front master cylinder recall.

Chonk
i did it on my sporty (lyndall z+ and s/s on duals) and i'm afraid to pull the front lever now. i baby the hell out of it, only lightly putting pressure on it. it will slam to a stop/fork dive.. no squish.

The following users liked this post:
Chonk (04-13-2016)