Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock off JW Speaker 8790A for $250

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 10:44 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
I've got the actual adaptive JW Speaker headlight and I have to agree with a few others, I'm not seeing much illumination when the adaptive portion kicks in. I haven't ridden the bike in the dead of night so that might be the reason, but so far I'm not too impressed, especially for the hefty price tag. But as a standard LED headlight, it spanks the pants off the Chinese JW Speaker knock offs I had on my Sportsters. While the knock offs were much better than stock, the JW seems to put the light exactly where it needs to be and fills out any dead spots on the sides that the knock off had.
The one I have currently works really well. I have had LED replacement bulbs in the stock headlight and 2 other Chinese knockoffs and this one is in a class by itself. I don't know how it is compared to JW but know if it was any brighter it would be bordering on illegal. The light pattern is crisp and clear as well. Nothing like the other knockoffs I have bought before.

Old 03-22-2019, 10:54 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by thepaintpirate
i've got the actual adaptive jw speaker headlight and i have to agree with a few others, i'm not seeing much illumination when the adaptive portion kicks in. I haven't ridden the bike in the dead of night so that might be the reason, but so far i'm not too impressed, especially for the hefty price tag. But as a standard led headlight, it spanks the pants off the chinese jw speaker knock offs i had on my sportsters. While the knock offs were much better than stock, the jw seems to put the light exactly where it needs to be and fills out any dead spots on the sides that the knock off had.
duplicate

Old 03-22-2019, 11:10 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts
Old 03-22-2019, 11:39 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by golfblues
There are a lot of knockoffs out there. This one has that pic I always see when one isn't adaptive, the amber LED lights. This picture usually comes with bike that have a blinker function built in but the description always shows that is helps visibility when cornering. Ali Express has a return policy and they are really good about it. Plus truejdm actually bought this one and can confirm the light pattern is good. Great price, I am just not willing to head into the unknown. For all I know it could be the exact same light but then again it could be a different one or inferior quality.

Old 04-09-2019, 07:45 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by truejdm
Here is the link to the one I bought. Looks like it may still be good.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/94-1...27424c4d0j74Hn
Originally Posted by Rocket67
Thanks for the link. I am actually ordering one now. I already have my old one sold for $80 so it's not costing much.
I got this yesterday and it works a lot better than the first one. I rode with it at night and you can definitely tell that the adaptive part is working. I can go from side to side in my lane and light up trees to my sides. The LED light part is just as good or better than the first one I bought but the adaptive works a bit better. It is very sensitive. There was a little moisture inside the lens after riding, not sure if that is due to this thing being in an airplane and in shipping for weeks. I will be monitoring this as they have a great warranty and I think the first one did that out of the box as well. I have already let them know about it so should be easy to get a replacement if need be. My buddy's Ultra Glide does that with the Harley LED light so not too worried but don't want it happening nonetheless.

Old 04-22-2019, 12:36 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rocket67
There was a little moisture inside the lens after riding, not sure if that is due to this thing being in an airplane and in shipping for weeks. I will be monitoring this as they have a great warranty and I think the first one did that out of the box as well. I have already let them know about it so should be easy to get a replacement if need be.
Apparently there are ports with a small filter to let the light breathe. Since installing I have no seen the moisture. It's all good, love the light.

Old 08-13-2019, 09:53 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

After over 6 months of riding, including several rain storms, this light has had absolutely zero issues. That includes riding in a heavy monsoon type rain for several hours one trip. The beam is excellent, focused and bright , not like the cheap knock-off beams that are billowy and cloud like. They are still out there for $116 in black, the link below is the one that I bought.

Just thought I would provide an update in case anyone was interested.

Adaptive 7" Headlight in Black