Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pistol Pockets Utility Bag (Detailed Review)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 11:49 AM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Pistol Pockets Utility Bag (Detailed Review)

Over the last few weeks I've tried 4 different T-bar bags and I finally found what I would consider to be the best on the market - Pistol Pockets Utility Bag.

Every other bag I tried had some sort of weakness - too floppy, not enough storage, poor quality, etc.

The bag measures 7.5″ x 10.25″ x 3″ deep. You can unzip the extension and it increases to 5" deep.

Without the extension, I can easily fit my daily riding necessities - Hat, Glasses, gloves, disc lock, etc. With it extended you can also fit a hoodie or a 6 pack.

The interior has a netted pouch to keep your registration, insurance card, etc

The front of the page has 3 elastic pockets of different sizes that can hold a knife, lighter or an ipod. You'll see there is also a clear window pouch to place a cell phone. This would be great for anyone that doesn't have a separate phone mount and wants to use GPS on a ride. I have my Rokform mount so I'll be running the bag facing forward.

The straps are thick and sturdy velcro. Once mounted it doesn't slide around at all. On the freeway with the bag completely empty it didn't flap around at all. This might have mostly been due to my fairing but the bag also has a PVC backing plate built in so it retains its shape and says in place.

If you plan on carrying a handgun or just want to secure your goods, the bag has a metal loop next to the zipper for a lock.

Overall I couldn't be happier with this thing. It was also the most expensive bag I tried (I paid $99 on Amazon) but absolutely worth it. Hopefully this review saves someone else from wasting money on other bags like I did

Pics:

Old 04-21-2017, 11:59 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 586 Likes on 333 Posts

Love my old one but it finally tore after a couple years of use and abuse in the sun and weather...seriously considering another one...

Old 04-21-2017, 06:06 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Love my old one but it finally tore after a couple years of use and abuse in the sun and weather...seriously considering another one...
Yeah, it definitely feels like it will stand up to the sun and weather for a long time. I sprayed some UV protectant on it to hopefully get some extra mileage out of it

Last edited by BMCsteve; 04-21-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:57 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by BMCsteve
Yeah, it definitely feels like it will stand up to the sun and weather for a long time. I sprayed some UV protectant on it to hopefully get some extra mileage out of it
You have a UV protectant you swear by?? I checked some out and got bored and quit looking.

+1 on the bag. Good fit and a good amount of space for the area.

Old 04-21-2017, 08:16 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master

Originally Posted by stonei3
You have a UV protectant you swear by?? I checked some out and got bored and quit looking.

+1 on the bag. Good fit and a good amount of space for the area.
This is what I use -
Amazon Amazon

I spray it on everything except leather. I even use it on my black fitted hats and it keeps them looking new despite spending a ton of time under the sun

The following users liked this post:
DynaKid94 (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 10:14 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 763 Likes on 631 Posts

Interesting bag..