Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED run stop turn tail light

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 12:11 PM
ilnighttrain06
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LED run stop turn tail light

I have a 2015 Wide Glide. It has the led edge chopped fender light from harley installed. I wanted to get rid of my rear signals so I can mount the quick detach hardware for my sissy bar, but I didn't want to use the ugly relocation kit that harley has for the signals. So my solution was to install turn signals into my tail light. I attached some pictures of the light before and after the new LED strip that includes the signals. I am curious about the wiring for it when I am done.

Does anyone know the best way to wire this up? Do I just split the one ground on the new LED strip into two wires coming from the new LED strip? The new strip has wires for run, brake, ground, and one for each signal.

I have read mixed reviews on if I need a load resistor for the LED turn signals. I have read that after 2011, you don't need them? Anyone know if that is true(only messing with the rear signals)

Keep in mind that the stock rear signals are run/brake/turn and there is no actual dedicated stock tail light on the 2015 FXDWG.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails LED run stop turn tail light-tail-light-before.jpg   LED run stop turn tail light-tail-light-after1.jpg  
Old 06-14-2018, 07:35 AM
Ryan Bojengals Schaefer
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ilnighttrain06
I have a 2015 Wide Glide. It has the led edge chopped fender light from harley installed. I wanted to get rid of my rear signals so I can mount the quick detach hardware for my sissy bar, but I didn't want to use the ugly relocation kit that harley has for the signals. So my solution was to install turn signals into my tail light. I attached some pictures of the light before and after the new LED strip that includes the signals. I am curious about the wiring for it when I am done.

Does anyone know the best way to wire this up? Do I just split the one ground on the new LED strip into two wires coming from the new LED strip? The new strip has wires for run, brake, ground, and one for each signal.

I have read mixed reviews on if I need a load resistor for the LED turn signals. I have read that after 2011, you don't need them? Anyone know if that is true(only messing with the rear signals)

Keep in mind that the stock rear signals are run/brake/turn and there is no actual dedicated stock tail light on the 2015 FXDWG.

Thanks!
just curious how that light worked out for you? I currently just run an led strip but am having problems shredding wires..

Old 06-14-2018, 07:13 PM
rossWG
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks!
i have the chopped fender strip, and the relocation kit with LED side rear. i lost the run/brake from the side rear, and have a permanent red light on the my dash gauge. i am intrigued by your solution though i have the added problem of needing orange turn lighting

below is a link from DKcustoms, i dont know if this will help, on clarifying anything re module

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/stea...bt-led-pnp.htm

Old 09-02-2018, 11:05 PM
RDowns2016
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks!
alloy art has some cool strut mounted led lights I was able to mount my detachable backrest and saddlebags without having to use that ugly taillight relocation kit in my opinion it looks alot cleaner only thing is i had to relocate my license plate as well

Old 09-04-2018, 06:11 AM
WildPhrog
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rossWG
i have the chopped fender strip, and the relocation kit with LED side rear. i lost the run/brake from the side rear, and have a permanent red light on the my dash gauge. i am intrigued by your solution though i have the added problem of needing orange turn lighting

below is a link from DKcustoms, i dont know if this will help, on clarifying anything re module

http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/stea...bt-led-pnp.htm
i second the DK customs info. I wired in one of their universal stealth RBT LED kits into my street bob along with a magic strobes flasher from custom dynamics because I wanted an additional run/brake light on top of the stock bullet lights. You can view the DK Customs installation instructions pdf to help sort out what you’re looking for...there’s also lots of good info in the write up for their RBT LED lights...check the universal version, not just the plug-n-play to get a little better detail on figuring out the wiring. Good luck!