Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Sputhe, New Top Mount

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 10:46 PM
Jr177
Intermediate
Received 29 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm really considering my mounts as my next upgrade for my FXDX. Is the sputhe front positrack on par with the predator or is one superior to the other? Any heads up tests?

Old 11-11-2018, 06:20 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,031 Likes on 652 Posts

I have had the predator only and now true track front and rear. I can honestly say the predator is the same in the front but there is a difference when you add the rear link into play no matter what manufacturer

Old 11-11-2018, 02:54 PM
John CC
HDF Community Team
Received 803 Likes on 579 Posts

I'm leaning toward the Predator in front because it eliminates the factory front mount.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:07 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by John CC
I'm leaning toward the Predator in front because it eliminates the factory front mount.
That was basically my thought too, when I first got the Predator. Even though I've never had a problem keeping the mount oil free (super easy with a "Form-A-Funnel," or equivalent), I liked the fact that the mount itself is enclosed. It also made sense to me that the mount absorbs most engine movement in a vertical plane rather than in shear, but I have no idea whether that's actually "better." And I'd be a liar if I didn't acknowledge that aesthetics played a role too... The predator looks a lot cleaner to me than a stock mount with a stabilizer added. But some people who've tried multiple setups do prefer a new OEM mount with a stabilizer. I've never ridden that setup.

But I have no complaints with the Predator. It seems to do what I wanted from it.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:42 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master
Received 246 Likes on 193 Posts

I bought a predator mount, it will be going in this winter, I bought mine after reading many articles and forum posts about it especially personal reviews....I believe most aftermarket mounts no matter who makes them are going to be better then the stock ones...

Old 11-13-2018, 09:43 AM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,280 Likes on 3,641 Posts

Some here sat that the rear sputhe/true track mount improves the handling. Could you describe how it does so?

I've messed with the Sputhe rear mount on my 2000 fxdx when trying to correct a wobble in high speed corners where power was applied. I've tried everything, steering dampers. fork brace, suspension adjusting (DX has adjustable forks and shocks). Added the sputhe stuff and it made no difference except that the frequency of the wobble increased slightly. New tires always seemed to help at first but the bike always danced the the sweepers, especially if the road was not smooth.

The only thing that helped was changing the wheels and tires. Went from steel spoked rims and stock sized tires sizes (tried mostly Metzlers but tried Avon) to alloy spoked rims with the same front tire but a 180/55x180 in the rear (run Bridgestone Excedra back and BS T30 in front). Some realignment was when fitting the tire. Since then the bike has been rock solid except for one minor item. It does help to run the Sputhe front stabilizer but I can't tell any difference with the rear and have left it off. I've gone back and forth a number of times as I was experimenting with trying to make my own rear mount. The bike did start to get a little wobbly during testing but I found the rear dx shocks finally died. I replaced with Works and the issue disappeared.

Currently the rear stabilizer would help with someone that uses saddle bags where weight is mounted low and to the rear of the bike like a bagger but I don't run them.

BTW, CCE and Drag make motor mounts for Dynas. The CCE rear looks close to the one I tried making.. The front uses a bagger front mount.

2018 Drag Catalog.

The following users liked this post:
crusader1xxx (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 09:52 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I can't really comment on how the stabilizer affected my ride/handling since I changed everything at once (tires, wheels, suspension, bars, brakes...everything) I just know it's solid a rock now.

The following users liked this post:
crusader1xxx (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 08:29 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master

Another member has the CCE rear mount, I know he had problems getting it installed, but his bike was a pre06 and these I guess were really made to fit 06 and newer even though it’s listed as all yrs.

there is a thread about it, just waiting to hear if it’s worth it.

Old 11-13-2018, 08:52 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,280 Likes on 3,641 Posts

Originally Posted by crusader1xxx
Another member has the CCE rear mount, I know he had problems getting it installed, but his bike was a pre06 and these I guess were really made to fit 06 and newer even though it’s listed as all yrs.

there is a thread about it, just waiting to hear if it’s worth it.

If you look at the parts manuals the 06-up TC dynas use the same mount as the 99-06. If the guy was having problems, it either didn't fit or he wasn't positioning the drive train correctly in the frame to get the rear mount aligned with the mounting holes. Instructions may not have been that good tho.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:21 PM
crusader1xxx
Road Master

Originally Posted by Max Headflow
If you look at the parts manuals the 06-up TC dynas use the same mount as the 99-06. If the guy was having problems, it either didn't fit or he wasn't positioning the drive train correctly in the frame to get the rear mount aligned with the mounting holes. Instructions may not have been that good tho.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...tor-mount.html

Quick Reply: Rear Sputhe, New Top Mount