Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rifle Fairing On FXDF

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 12:34 PM
musclehd
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rifle Fairing On FXDF

Any tips on all the parts I'd need to put a Dyna Rifle Roadster fairing on my Fat Bob. I've read through some of the threads but don't see everything I'd like to know.
-What size headlight would I need and would it need any special brackets to get it in the right position? Any specific wiring harness needed to be able to do a plug and play install? I'm hoping the headlight and wiring harness associated to part 69628-04 will work for my 2013 FXDF and the RR fairing...
-Rifle doesn't seem to offer the brackets to connect their RR fairing to a Fat Bob. Any tips on how to make this happen?

Old 09-05-2017, 07:27 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

You need to swap out your dual headlight to that of a 5 and 3/4. One from a street bob for certain. Pretty sure a wide glide one will work and possibly a super glide. A low rider headlight will not work as it is not bottom mounted. Which is what you need.
The Roadster mounts in 3 points if I remember correctly. They include 2 collet lock struts (seen below) and a bracket that mounts below the headlight block and into the bottom of the fairing. Most use the collet struts with turn signal relocation brackets. If you check out the thread called "To the Rifle Fairing Guys" you should see detailed pictures of how they mount.

One end mounts to the back of the fairing. The other end mounts to the turn signal relocation clamps.