Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andreani Front End....who is running them?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 03:13 PM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,238 Likes on 1,255 Posts
Default Andreani Front End....who is running them?

Greetings,

Currently running Gold Valve Emulators and Race Tech springs in the fork. While a lot better than stock, still think there is lots of room for improvement. I have Switchback, which has 41mm forks. Not as many options as the standard Dyna 49mm forks. Price wise, Andreani seems the next step up the front end suspension ladder. Plus, they make a setup for the Switchback!

Anyone running the Andreani cartridge setup? If so, pro's / con's?
Did you run Emulators or Intimitadors previously? How do they compare?
Would you buy the Andreani kit again or get something different?

Thanks!

Old 05-24-2017, 07:09 AM
leafman60
Road Captain
Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

I have seen the Andreani units and I've been interested too. I've not tried them in my 49MM forks. They are not super expensive and I think they'd be worth a try. They offer dampening and preload adjustability.

I am currently running the Race Tech set up with springs and emulators. I had to experiment with the oil viscosity and level and I have them working pretty well. Prior to that, I was using a pair of Works cartridges but they seemed no better than the Race Tech set up.

If I go another rung up the ladder, I'll probably bite the bullet and install a pair of Ohlins cartridges.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:43 AM
DYNARYDER87
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Im running the Andreani cartridges on my dyna. Awesome setup. Eliminated my brake dive, much more confident pushing it faster in corners. The only con I would say (and its not really even a con) would be that you have to modify the bottom of the fork tubes. Thats all it really entails is that you grind the bottom of your fork tube down to expose that "lip" and slide out the reduction bushing. If you have a grinder and a buddy to hold down the fork tube it takes 10 minutes. I bought them from OmniaRacing which is out of Italy, much cheaper than buying them here. I think I paid around $600 shipped or so Id like to say, thats with 2 quarts of Ohlins road and track suspension fluid which they recommend for them. Only took about a week or so to get them too.

The following users liked this post:
rauchman (05-24-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 07:44 AM
DYNARYDER87
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The following users liked this post:
rauchman (05-24-2017)
Old 02-16-2018, 01:46 AM
SpencerHD
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I’m reviving an old post but has anyone got aftermarket tubes and still had to do the lathe/dremel part?