Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

detachable & lockable Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 03:15 AM
haksaw
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: detachable & lockable Saddlebags

i asked boss bags if they would, and they said yes, the dyna bags would fit the fxdbi but I believe you need bike specific brackets from them and i'm not sure if those are available yet.

Just email boss bags they're great at getting back to you.

I've got boss bags on my softail and would never buy another brand of bag. They're awesome. Extremely well built and they look great.

Old 10-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Teppo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haksaw, i asked Garry at Leatherpros, he told me, they will fit. But i can't imagine. Yesterday i visited my Harley Dealer. He had a 05 Super Glide and a 06 Street Bob in his showroom, both have very different fenderstruts. The one from the Street Bob is much thicker at the beginning.

How do you mount your brakets? From behind, from inside of the fender? Or from the side outside, where the fenderstruts are? Inside the fender of the Street Bob is not enough space for a screw. How much space do you have between the bags and the brackets, when the bags are mounted?

That is important for me, because i cant send the saddlebags back if they doesn't fit. And i have to pay a lot of money for shipping to Europe and for custom and taxes.

Teppo

Old 10-23-2005, 06:26 PM
haksaw
Road Master

i believe what the guy at boss bags meant was that the bags themselves would fit but you would need to wait until they made the right hardware for the 06. The bags will fit many different models but the hardware has to be specific.
Email boss bags. They'll let you know what's going to fit.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:24 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

Teppo,
A motorcycle lift makes the job a lot easier, the rear tire will hang down low enough to get your hand between the tire and fender to get to the nut off the existing bolt. You have to take the existing fender strut bolt off and the Boss bags come with a replacement bolt so it will fit. That is why they need to know if you have a removable sissy bar, it takes a longer bolt for the spacer.

The bracket is actually built into the bag, so when the bag is removed all you see is the bolt head. Looks pretty clean.

The distance between the fenderstrut bolts would determine if it would fit a 06. If it's the same as an 05 it should fit. If there is a thickness difference for the struts from 05 to 06, I would think they would be taken up with a different size spacer.

Don't forget you will need to relocate the turn signals, this will add to the cost.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:16 PM
SERB
Tourer

I have Boss Bags on my 05 Low Rider and I will have to agree with everyone else, they are really an excellent bag. I particularly like the straps on the lids to hold down more stuff when on trips. I also got the lay down plate, but had the dealer put it on since I do not trust myself to mess with the wiring. If you can afford the Boss Bags, I highly recommend them. You will not be disappointed.

Old 10-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Teppo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking bike, shooter. The problem are the different fenderstruts and the wider rear tire between 05 and 06 models. So, i think i have to wait until Boos Bags and Leatherpros will bring a new solution for the new Dynas. Thank you all.

Teppo