Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

01 FXD, Which Way to Go....

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 09:21 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 01 FXD, Which Way to Go....

So, posted a couple weeks ago I picked up an 01 FXD. Started a lil work this weekend, and while I love the Viking bags, or I will when I finish the install, the relocation bracket was a nogo for my setup. I spent some time modding it over the weekend, and can make it work, BUT not sure I want to. probably just look at a different set up altogether for the rear lights.

So, I tossed the Viking bags over, then on a whim, grabbed my old Arlen Ness Wide Glide fairing and mocked it up. Man...I have to say I actually like how it looks. All I would need is to color match it.....Hmmmm...

BUT, that completely put me off in the direction I had decided to go, which was a QD windshield, 12" narrow apes, and forward controls. Now I am thinking 8"+ risers, fairing, and still don't know about the pegs... One thing I really haven't looked a whole lot at is Speedo AND Tac relocation. I have seen the speedo relocation brackets, a few different models. Not sure I have seen them for the mickey mouse setup. is the tac really work keeping?

Man oh man. Decisions decisions....

Ignore the garage mess. We have decided to do a cleanout of crap....man we have a lot of junk!