Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

‘16 Dyna Engine Temp Sensor fault

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 01:47 AM
Brent Blackburn
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ‘16 Dyna Engine Temp Sensor fault

Hello everyone. I’m new to the forum stuff and pretty new to the Harley world as well so I’m sorry if this has already been discussed but I haven’t seen anything posted about what’s happening to me. I have a 2016 Low Rider and she has about 13,500 on her now. I got her a little less than a year ago at 8,000.

I replaced the stock pipes with the Danmoto Highway 2-1, everything went fairly smooth. I hooked up the V&H Fuelpak to tune. The first 2 rides were pretty smooth. But after that everytime I ride I get the check engine light and it’s the Engine Temp Sensor High/Open. I keep the Fuelpak hooked up and bluetoothed to my phone so I can see my gauges and I’ve watched the engine temp when the fault comes. When the light comes on, the gauge says 3 degreesF, the bike will start revving to about 1500 or so and then after a moment it’ll just go away like nothing happened. It’ll happen a few times through out a 20 min ride. I thought it might be a loose connection at the sensor so with the bike running I wiggled the sensor and it didn’t do anything so I kinda ruled that out. Do you guys think it could be a bad sensor so soon and just coincidence that it went after I changed my pipes? Or is it something I did wrong? Any advice is greatly appreciated! I tried to upload a picture but not sure if it will work lol