Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Specialties Premium Adjustable Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 07:48 AM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by tnichols
I did take the sag measurements. The sag is about 1/2" with two people on the bike. The preload is on the lowest setting. These shocks probably work great if you are pulling a trailer or you are very big/heavy person. They are extremely Heavy Duty.

Maybe, some people just like a firmer ride. So they might great for some riders. They might go up on eBay shortly. I like a softer ride. The stock shocks were a bit too soft for me, but the main reason I replaced the stock shocks were they made the bike too low and I was constantly dragging the mufflers on right hand turns. So I had two choices. (1) replace the stock shocks with 1" longer (13" vs 12") shocks or (2) replace the stock mufflers with shorter ones. I liked the look and sound of the stock mufflers, so I went for the shocks.
Okay, gotcha... Based on your sag measurements, it definitely sounds like the springs are too stiff. You might try contacting Drag Specialties. If you don't feel like ebaying them and spending more on other shocks, maybe they would just sell you softer springs...

But there is something to the argument that less expensive shocks won't ever work as well as (the right) higher quality units which usually cost more. I like Ohlins (and their non-piggybacks aren't a million dollars), but you also might be super happy with Racetech, Legends, Hagon, etc.

Old 10-23-2019, 08:04 AM
tnichols
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F86
Okay, gotcha... Based on your sag measurements, it definitely sounds like the springs are too stiff. You might try contacting Drag Specialties. If you don't feel like ebaying them and spending more on other shocks, maybe they would just sell you softer springs...

But there is something to the argument that less expensive shocks won't ever work as well as (the right) higher quality units which usually cost more. I like Ohlins (and their non-piggybacks aren't a million dollars), but you also might be super happy with Racetech, Legends, Hagon, etc.

You are probably right.... Thanks...