Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Handlebars for 2007 FXDC Super Glide Custom

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Y2KFXDman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Handlebars for 2007 FXDC Super Glide Custom

Ah, yes. SuperGlide-Shoulder.I'm 6', also. I only needed to move the bar back towards me - no change to angles or width - so I went with the OFFSET risers.

PLUS: simple install, wires/cable/brake line unchanged, keeps same gauge angle, hides steering bolt, easy access to fork top plugs.
MINUS: must remove handlebar to alter 'fall away', extra hardware needed.

HOW TO: Have your dealer bring up the front end diagram of a 1988 FXRT. You need:
--- 1 set of offset risers
--- 2 x riser bolts
--- 2 x acorn nuts for new riser bolts
--- 4 x acorn nuts for orig clamp bolts

You need the nuts because the risers are NOT threaded; I like to use acorns. See how my bar doesn't line up with the forks? Works for me, tho.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:34 PM
murphdog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What Handlebars for 2007 FXDC Super Glide Custom

ORIGINAL: rdondes
Hi, how did you like the 4.5" risers? Do they look okay? Do they feel okay? Would you recommend? What is the manufacturer and part number for these 4.5" risers? If you recommend, do you have any installation tips to offer?

Thanks,
Richard
I like the risers, they look good to me, they make the bike more comfortable to me as I don't have to lean over. I recommend. I got mine from Zanotti's as Drag Specialties # DS-290125. The only tip I have is that you'll have to do something with your brake line. I initially just bent the hard line on mine, but the line was stretched pretty tight. Iended up replacing it with a braided line. One more thing if you get the same risers I did, the threaded holes in the risers are blind (not through) holes and the stock socket head screws will be a little too long. I just cut about 1/8" off mine.