Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob????

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 11:08 AM
BurgerTx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Street Bob????

Street Bob is awesome.

Get forward controls.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Luther OBanion
Cruiser

Sorry to hear about your last bike and I am glad you are ok to ride again. I own a 06 SB and I love it. Do the test rides so that you can check out each model. If you like a bare bones bike this is for you and you can add your own touches to it. The others such as Heritages and others have to much to take off. The softtails are ok but for manuverablity the Bob is the way to go. When you do the exhaust and stage one changes you will love the change of power.
Good luck on your choice, post photo's when you get the new bike.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:27 PM
oiler47712
6th Gear

My girl has an '06 Bob and it is great to ride. She waited a few months to put the forward controls on it. I am 6'5", so when she "allowed" me to ride it while it still had the mids on it my knees felt like they were in my chest. She used to say that I looked like one of those circus bears, or something like that. With the forwards on, its much more comfortable. I used to have a NightTrain (I've since gone to a SG) with the extended forward controls, straight drag bar, lowered, etc. I looked like a folding chair running down the road...but it looked REALLY COOL...God, I miss that bike. Drag bars take away from handling, but that can be switched out.

Anyways...I like the Bob, and more importantly, the little lady loves it even more. If I had to choose between a Train and a Bob, I'd go with the Bob. Better handling and much more comfortable ride. Plus you get to shake a whole bunch at stop lights, which my girl seems to really like for some reason.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Gaffy51
6th Gear

Sorry to hear about your accident - hope your are fine now. I did that a few years back now when a car overtook a lorry on a blind bend and drove into the front of me and trashed my dyna convertible.

Took a few years along with a couple ofBMWs with ABS, and a Honda CB1300F before I got my confidence back and I traded my Honda in this time last year for my '07 Bobber which I cannot fault and for the first time in years I have something to polish at the weekend, spend all my spare cash on and now I ride around with a big grin on my face with bugs in my teeth.

Long story short - you'll love it

Old 08-15-2007, 05:07 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had a 07 street Bob, I have to go with forward controls all the way. Order them with yer bike before you put it together and you can save some money. For the money a Street Bob is a great bike.
If you want to have a little more bike look at a Wide Glide, Its streached out a little more and takes pressure off yer hips some as tall as you are., If you ride 2 up its even better.
Wish you luck.