Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know a trick on how?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Brian8
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know a trick on how?

Does anybody know of a trick to get the main wiring back into the backbone of the bike? I have tried and tried and tried and cannot for the life of me get all that to fit back into the bike. Would appreciate it anyone could help me out on this. Thanks in advance

Old 03-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Azgunner
Tourer
Default RE: Anyone know a trick on how?

Pull your rear wheel off. There is a rubber flap on the underside of the fender towards the frame, pull it off. It will give you access to the wiring loop. Figure out which bundle of wires you pulled out from the backbone & try "looping" a hanger or twine or something around it, or if you can, grab it with your hand & pull it back thru towards the back end. When you get the extra wiring pulled back thru, curl it up & tuck it into the area between the frame & rear fender & put the rubber flap back on.

It's easier to do with 2 people because sometimes you need some back & forth action to get the wire pulled back thru the frame, but you can manage it alone with some patience. I've done it a couple times by myself.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:19 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Wire coat hanger works from the front side. If you are good you won't have to remove the tire. Of course I have previous professional training as a teenager when my older brother taught me why you don't need car keys if you have a coat hanger......

Old 03-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Brian8
6th Gear

Yeah I have the rubber flap off but the back tire is still on.. I pulled everything through and now its all hanging out the back end. I tried stuffing it from the back end up but can't fit it all back in.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:45 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: Brian8

Yeah I have the rubber flap off but the back tire is still on.. I pulled everything through and now its all hanging out the back end. I tried stuffing it from the back end up but can't fit it all back in.
Did you jack up the bike? If necessary you can disconnect the lower bolts on the rear shocks and jack up the bike and the rear tire will swing down a bit. Easier than removing the rear tire.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Brian8
6th Gear

No I haven't jacked up the bike. I do have enough clearence for my hands to get in there. I am probably going to ask a friend who works at a dealership in the servic e dept. to help me but was trying to avoid that and do it myself.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Azgunner
Tourer

It is ALOT easier to do if you have the rear wheel off. I changed out my handlebars & did the whole thing without a jack or removing the rear tire. Changed out the front end & put on apes & used a jack & took the tire off. I couldn't believe I'd done it the 1st time the way did.

You can fit your wiring in there, it was all stuffed in there before. You have to force it in there.