Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Gay Rider
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, thanks man!

Old 05-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Handsome
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by theEvilMalcore
Cool, thanks man!
You're welcome. Please let us know the result when you're done with it

Old 05-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Gay Rider
Banned

Any other advice on where exactly to make the cut on the mount and what is the best cutting tool for the job in your opinion? :-)

Old 05-11-2011, 06:07 PM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine was touching as well. Not as much as some. I was able to fix mine without much trouble, after having the first one replace under warranty.

I posted the fix in the Under $50 thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ml#post8175855

Worked fine.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:46 AM
martinrobert
Intermediate
Originally Posted by expy
Straight to it. There is such a thing as to much vibration. Mine had it and I have looked for months for the answer. This is what fixed it for me.
A new front Isolator. http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...isolator-1.jpg

The old one did not show any damage but had some wear on the top of the rubber. Look at the difference for the mounting block that bolts to the frame, the new one sits about a 1/4" lower. The original isolator was grounding out on the bottom of the front engine mount bracket and creating a bad vibration. New isolator for $109.00 which I purchased from my Indy. This new isolator allows the engine to float in the mounts now. Truthfully no "bad" vibes now. I will go into more detail for anyone needing help but for now I have to go ride my NEW bike.To see if you have the same problem I do have pics of what to look for here...

https://www.hdforums.com/m_3490585/tm.htm

Just to follow up on your great post.

Just bought a new 2011 Super Glide and have 370 miles on it. Took it to the dealer this morning and told them the front isolator has collapsed and that it needs to be replaced or 'shaved' as some have mentioned in previous posts.

The tech came out and said 'I'm not sure I understand what you mean by collapsed.' so I explained that there should be a clearance from the top to the engine bracket ...yadayadayada.. And he said 'well let me see if they have a new one in stock to compare with.' I said there is a new WG on the floor and that has the clearance I'm talking about. We both went in and looked and he insisted that there was no problem with mine and that's 'how they are' eve though mine was sitting on the mount and the new one on the floor had about 1/4 inch gap.

He got the new mount, compared the one on my bike to the new one and said 'well it does look like this one (pointing to the new one) sits higher' he went back and put it on and before he did he came out to show me the difference in the new one and the old one. There was a marked difference in the one that came off my bike (looked just like the photo above) and he replaced it with the new one.

The ride home was great. No harsh vibes to my hands and at speed was much better. They also did a vehicle aligment' all under warranty. I wanted to have them do this so it would be documented at the dealer and they will send the old part back to HD. They even said HD may not do anything with the old part but just to note that this had to be replaced.

Just sharing and if you have the warranty, USE IT!

Old 09-21-2011, 11:50 AM
martinrobert
Intermediate

Oh and I'd like to note that in the end, the dealership service department was very happy to do this and gave me no problems about swapping it out. In fact aft he saw that the part was indeed distorted, he agreed that this should be replaced.

Props to Shen HD in Va. Big time. Love those guys!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:00 PM
expy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think Handsome is on to something there for those out of warranty.

martinrobert, good to hear you had a positive experience at the Dealer with getting your mount replaced.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:40 AM
Iskra
Tourer

I shimmed the mounts myself and was amazed in the amount of vibration that disappeared!

Old 10-18-2011, 09:14 AM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

my mirrors vibrate
my bike has 1500 miles on it
I am feeling vibes in my bars
stereo prevents me from hearing any real noises
going to try riding around with out it.
always had to rig a chain and a turnbuckle to my mopars to stop from ripping the motor mounts out.
doesn't look like that will work here.
I do not want to put the same crap back in.
aftermarkets jumping in yet?
recall?
at least supersede it with a better part.

great thread great website thanx for all the info

Old 03-12-2012, 11:21 AM
dtone72rss
Cruiser

Awesome post

Quick Reply: Vibration free. Front isolator problem fixed.Pics