Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 weeks and I am ready to ditch the apes

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 03:03 PM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2 weeks and I am ready to ditch the apes

12.5 wild ones pushed forward....love em

Old 06-27-2008, 03:03 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

PigInaBlanket.......&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Because I HAVE AN EXCUSE......I'm a woman so I'm allowed to make a fashion statement.8 out of 10 times, a man will&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;make adjustments to his bike for performance, not for FASHION.As for the Shocks and Front lowering springs I had to get to lower the bike enough where I can sit and reach the ground flat footed. I'm only 5'2" with a 26" inseam.Believe me, I didnt want to spend that kind of money if there was any another way.Same for my reach seat.....again, out of necessity and for safety.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;You got me on the Grips and Mirrors, but because my Hubby got new mirrors and grips on his, I wanted them too. The Windshield is to protect me from getting hit by stones and bugs. I live in a farming /rural area where we&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;have tons of bugs, especially monster june bugs, may flies and stones/pebbles along side the 2 lane roads.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Ever get hit in the face by a June Bug at 65mph? You dont want to know.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I've been glad I had a windshield after getting&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;hit&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; with stones from a&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;passing 18 wheeler.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; It was like a rifle shot.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Scared the crapola out of me.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I dont wear a full face helmet and&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;must wear&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;prescription eye glasses when I ride, so the windshield isnt a fashion statement, it's for safety.
But I hear you guys go on and on about women and their fashions......... so I just wanted to poke a few jabs a you guys over your APES, because you get them for STYLE, not safety or performance.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;Hey, I'm all for Fashion, Style and as much Bling as I can get.&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;It's you guys who are&nbsp\\;just catching on to what us gals have been doing since the days of Sampson and Delilah.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:36 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: LWOS

PigInaBlanket.......&nbsp\\;Because I HAVE AN EXCUSE......I'm a woman so I'm allowed to make a fashion statement.
&nbsp\\;
Well I'm a man so I'm allowed to say I'm always right.
&nbsp\\;
And yes I have been hit by plenty of bugs at 65 mph or higher. I even had a bee go down my shirt once and sting me in the chest.
&nbsp\\;
By the way my wife doesn't like apes either. When I showed her another bike with taller apes and I said&nbsp\\;I wanted mine to look like that she gave me "that look". [8D]&nbsp\\;

Old 06-27-2008, 09:19 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

PIGINABLAKET
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;That's a good one......now you sound like my hubby!!!&nbsp\\; As for "the look"...... ah yes,&nbsp\\; I can see your wife now.&nbsp\\; You know, we practice giving&nbsp\\;"that look"...... it's a real art form passed down from one generation to the next.&nbsp\\;
I'm still picturing that bee going down your shirt.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; But, in all honesty.....&nbsp\\;better yours than mine.&nbsp\\;
But&nbsp\\;I guess since sometimes&nbsp\\; we girls refer to you guys as a bunch of APES, you might as well have them on your bike.&nbsp\\; I know, It's a GUY thing.