Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XIED / Fuel pak

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Frog74
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XIED / Fuel pak

Ok, heres the question. Does the new Xieds eliminate the need for a fuel pak? I have 08 Screaming eagle Air filter, V&amp\\;H slip ons, just need to know if I go with Xieds will I still need the fuel pak? Thanks

Old 07-09-2008, 06:26 PM
sycle1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XIED / Fuel pak

Why don't you ask the people over at nightrider?
http://www.nightrider.com/

Old 07-09-2008, 07:07 PM
BluBob
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have talked to Steve Mullen at Nightrider about this and here is my understanding:&nbsp\\; The IED/XIED alters the air/fuel ratio in closed loop mode (after warm-up, and anytime the motor is both under 4k RPM and under 50% throttle)&nbsp\\; The FuelPak alters the air/fuel ratio in open loop mode (motor over 4k RPM OR over 50% throttle) So they should not be operating at the same time.&nbsp\\; I ran both for a little while with no problems.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Donny
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the XIEDs on for a while, and was very happy with them, but added the fuelpak when I put on my SE filter. Was great at first, but started acting funny after a while, bogging when leaving a stop, and hesitating after decellerating and getting back on the throttle,&nbsp\\;upper RPMs seemed really flat. I took off the xieds, and it perked right up.
That's just MY experience, and&nbsp\\;doesn't mean it wouldn't work for your bike. Lots&nbsp\\;of people have really good results running both fuelpak and XIEDs together.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:43 AM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Donny,
&nbsp\\;
Have the same set up as you on my Bob. I have the Ness BS instead of the SE a/c, but pretty much the same.
&nbsp\\;
I would check your XIED's and make sure they are not pinched or the voltage divider isn't crimped or melted. The nightrider site has an out of circuit test you can do with a simple voltmeter to check the XIED's.
&nbsp\\;
Either that, or perhaps your map isn't set properly on the FP. I know that at least one other SB owner had similar probs as you, but recalled setting his Mode 23 to 55 way before installing the XIED's. After setting it back to 16 (the map setting) the bike ran great again.
&nbsp\\;
Can't recall ever seeing that the IED's caused what you described, especially after a period of running great. So, did the bike immediately return to running smooth after you removed the XIED's?? Have any other symptoms besides sluggish and hesitations with them installed?
&nbsp\\;
Curious...