Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for exhaust pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Johnny821
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for exhaust pipes?

I'm getting a 06" Dyna Super Glide this month and want to put on an EXTREMELY LOUD deep roaring exhuast. Any suggestions for pipes? I've heard Vance & Hines Shortshots Staggered pipes are exactly what I'm looking for, can anyone vouch for that? Also does anyone know a website where I can listen to what a certain exhaust pipe will sound like? Thanks

Old 03-19-2006, 11:26 PM
chopperchuck
Cruiser
Default RE: Suggestions for exhaust pipes?

rinehart true duals are the best deep sounding and loud! pipes and they look great! ya loose a little low end torque with them but gain a few horsies and they're the best sounding pipes out there!

Old 03-20-2006, 12:32 AM
broke joker
Advanced

have ya tried vance and hines web site? i know you can hear them there. you might have to go click on softtail to hear them but should sound the same.

Old 03-20-2006, 02:07 AM
sprinter
Advanced

I have a '03 wide glide, carb model, and I have the Big Shot Staggered pipes from V&H. They are plenty loud and sound great to me, I can keep it mild in town, but they really will bark if you go above ~3000 rpm's.
My son has a '03 fatboy with Big Shots Longs, and they are LOUD!. Even at idle it sounds like a stock car with the headers open ).
But if careful you can go thru towns, neighborhoods and not make too much noise. BUT DON"T nail it with these pipes in town unless you are trying to **** someone off.

HTH
Sprinter.

Old 03-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Cabo
Road Captain

Buddy of mine has Big Shots Staggard on his Softtail. Too loud for my neighborhood. They really crak when you jump on it.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:35 AM
95BadBoy
Cruiser

You should look at the Samson line. They are all loud.
Rip saws,ground pounders,sawed offs

Old 03-20-2006, 02:23 PM
LeavenworthJeff
Cruiser

I will second the Samson's. I was beside a guy once with some Rip Saws on his soft tail. I thought my eardrums were going to burst. I have had good things about Bassani's but I have not heard them up close.

LeavenworthJeff

Old 03-26-2006, 02:06 PM
txbiker
Stage II

If you like 2 into 1 style pipes deep and loud might i suggest D@D pipes great pipes and can get extra hp with stage2 already installed. got me 73hp 84fpt on my 04 Super glide plus they have a louder baffle if you feel the need. http://www.danddexhaust.com/

Old 03-26-2006, 06:01 PM
JonHanna
Road Master

Video of exoticchoppers.com pipes
Name:  juilan002.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  110.9 KB

these were taken today of my friends denim bob
loud as hell...check the video of them. you might can tell

Old 03-26-2006, 07:29 PM
..but Ill try 2 try
Cruiser

I put this on another thread, but hopefully somebody here can use it. While at 2 different dealerships, one which had about 25 bikes in garage for service and upgrades, I chatted it up with some of the techs and service guys about pipes and what not. They showed me bikes in their garage which had you name it pipes on them. They readily cranked up the customer's bikes and let them roar. The dealer I ordered my St.Bob from had a softail out front with Big Radius installed and the tech fired her up and twisted the throttle when I inquired as to the sound and power of those pipes. In short, when you want to see and hear pipes on Harleys you need to go where there are a lot of Harleys, and it's great when the owner's of those bikes are now where around.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for exhaust pipes?