Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost got run into today !

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:07 PM
SilentWarrior
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Almost got run into today !

I know , I know...Most of you can tell stories of close calls but today about an hour ago a guy came up behind me so close I seriously could have turned and touched the front of his car. He did this on purpose to get me to go faster. Tailgating me something fierce. I didnt really notice till I saw one head light in each mirror. I have been tailgated alot lately. But nothing like this. I turned and waved downward telling him to back the f*ck off. Ok this story can be told over and over here by anyone. Now come the interesting part. He backed off abit and then came up again right behind me and changed lanes at the last second. A couple in an SUV aparently saw it and were so appauled they rode up beside me and the driver indicated he called ,the car into the police. He did this by holding his hand like he was on the phone. He waved and move on. Another guy rode up beside me and held a not pad up pointing that he got the tag of the driver. He gave me the thumbs up and I smiled and did the same back. Next an unknown fellow biker rode up ( he was riding a dyna also ) and when we stopped at the light together said " man the idots are out tonight ". I really dont know how close this was but enlight of all it seemed this punk was trying to kill me.

I found this on a Florida Abate Site

Your Just a biker

I saw you; hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line.
You didn't see me put an extra $10.00 in the collection plate last Sunday.
I saw you; pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk.
You didn't see me playing Santa at the local mall.
I saw you; change your mind about going into the restaurant.
You didn't see me attending a meeting to raise more money for the hurricane relief.
I saw you, roll up your window and shake your head when I rode by.
You didn't see me, driving behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.
I saw you, frown at me when I smiled at your children.
You didn't see me, when I took time off from work to run toys to the homeless.
I saw you, stare at my long hair.
You didn't see me and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of Love.
I saw you roll your eyes at our leather coats and gloves.
You didn't see me and my brothers donate our old coats and gloves to those that had none.
I saw you; look in fright at my tattoos.
You didn't see me cry as my children were born and having their name tattooed on my skin and in my heart.
I saw you change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere.
You didn't see me going home to be with my family.
I saw you complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be.
You didn't see me, when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.
I saw you, yelling at your kids in the car.
You didn't see me; pat my child's hands knowing he was safe behind me.
I saw you, reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road.
You didn't see me; squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.
I saw you, race down the road in the rain.
You didn't see me, get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.
I saw you; run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time.
You didn't see me, trying to turn right.
I saw you; cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in.
You didn't see me, leave the road.
I saw you, waiting impatiently for my friends to pass.
You didn't see me. I wasn't there.
I saw you; go home to your family.
You didn't see me, because, I died that day you cut me off.

I was just a biker and a person with friends and family.
- Author Unknown

Old 01-27-2009, 06:15 PM
Dale Jordan
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish that person would know what it feels like out there on the road.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:16 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

That's crappy. I don't understand how people forget to use turn signal and steering wheel until they get right on your ***. That's nice that those people took matters into their own hands to help you out. It's scary on a bike but if they get to close to my Escalade they are going to get a taste of a tow hitch through the front of their car. We had a guy rear end us at a stop light! It was red when we pulled up and couldn't get any redder when he pulled up then I guess he couldn't see a a big black SUV in front of him, who knows. He payed for it though. I buffed off his paint off my rear bumper and he had a 8 inch whole in his front bumper after he backed off of the hitch.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:19 PM
FATBOB67
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish it was legal to beat the hell out of people like that.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:24 PM
forever 2 wheels
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

Hey SilentWarrior, glad to hear you talking about it! I had a 40ish year old male driver in an import car pull up on my a$$ today. He was closer than anyone has ever been. I was stopped at a light and thought he may bump me.
Once the light changed to green, he drove around instead of through me. I hope he noticed and becomes more aware of bikes in the future. Glad we both can talk about it..

Old 01-27-2009, 07:53 PM
SilentWarrior
Tourer

Originally Posted by forever 2 wheels
Hey SilentWarrior, glad to hear you talking about it! I had a 40ish year old male driver in an import car pull up on my a$$ today. He was closer than anyone has ever been. I was stopped at a light and thought he may bump me.
Once the light changed to green, he drove around instead of through me. I hope he noticed and becomes more aware of bikes in the future. Glad we both can talk about it..
Wow, that sucks...

I just want everyone to know I was traveling at 50+ miles hour not stopped when this happened. Watch yourselves out there. The fact is I am here to talk about it. So it could have been worse. Ride Safe Bro's

Old 01-27-2009, 08:25 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

... the last time someone did something like that to me, (it has been awhile), he was looking down a somewhat blued 6" tube with about a 3/8" hole in the middle.

So the story that goes with that, is 9 folks on 6 bikes heading to the west coast for a beach camping weekend. Cruizing down I-90, we are two abreast and 3 deep. These 4 jerks in a mustang come up in the left lane and start swerving at the lead two bikes. We instantly broke down into single file, and were running the right white line almost. This *** kept swerving at each bike down the line... I was at the end of the line, with that blue tube laying across my leg. They got back to me and I propped the 'tube' up. The mustang suddenly broke off his activity and charged through the median and went the opposite direction.

At a minimum I would file the report... that kind of threat with a deadly weapon should not be tolerated, and you can bet he'll do that crap again, and the rider he does that to next time may not be seasoned, and pay for it.

Last edited by archergodwin; 01-27-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:07 PM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get it close to once a day here in phx, the drivers are so impatient... they'll just try to force you out of your lane and off the road..

Old 01-27-2009, 09:18 PM
chrisg
Cruiser

I live in Phoenix too and yeah, I get at least one "oh sh#t" moment pretty much every time I take my bike out. Alot of times you can tell they just aren't seeing you for whatever reason and avoid any kind of incident. I've had one incident that a punk kid in a wanna be fast and the furious car intentionally swerved at me as i was making a right turn into my subdivision. Gotta love other peoples kids.

Chris