Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any info on Works Performance Shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM
trapper_canada
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any info on Works Performance Shocks?

I've been looking for shock options. I was debating between the 440s or Works. The prices seemed very similar but from what I have read I think most would say that you are getting a better product with Works.

So I think I am going to go with that. Now, does anyone have any recommendations on what type of shock ('08 Wide Glide) would be best?

The Steel Tracker is the cheapest...but the Street Tracker sounds like it has a better "look"? Is there any other difference?

And what about ARS? It adds over $100 to the price...but is it worth it? I only put less than 5000 miles on per year (on a good year).

Any insight would be appreciated.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:58 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're gonna spend the money on new shocks, between those 2 sets...works all the way. Last Saint got the black trackers & loves em, I spent a little more & went with YSS & I'm way more than happy with em! Do some searches on here, there is alot of info on those shocks. Good luck

Old 06-26-2009, 04:59 PM
trapper_canada
Cruiser

Stock length on the WG is 12.6"

Does anyone know if its OK to go longer?

Old 06-27-2009, 06:36 AM
richdeerht
Advanced

For longer shocks, look at the clearance between your lower shock bolt and muffler. On my 2007 FXDCI, there's only about 1/2" or so. So, on my bike, there would be a clearance problem. I have SEII slip-ons.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:50 AM
FASTFXD
Cruiser

No experience with Progressive, went with Works. They're fabulous. Was like a different bike.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:55 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

Works are great. The one thing you must know is that they recommend that you get them rebuilt every so often for maximum rideability. They are located in the valley out here and are a quality operation.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:58 AM
tbrenan
Road Captain

I order a set of billet from Works for my Sportster---gave them my dressed weight and my style of riding----paid a bunch and got a set of shock that bottom out at the smallest bump--repeated calls about changing the springs--unanswered---most calls default to, Dude! we sent you what you ordered---proceed with caution

Old 06-27-2009, 11:58 AM
chad peterson
Road Master

Originally Posted by tbrenan
I order a set of billet from Works for my Sportster---gave them my dressed weight and my style of riding----paid a bunch and got a set of shock that bottom out at the smallest bump--repeated calls about changing the springs--unanswered---most calls default to, Dude! we sent you what you ordered---proceed with caution
Sucks to hear that! I'm surprised to hear the trouble your having with the service...I've spoke with him several times & he's more than helpfull & very eager to set ya up right. What length shocks did ya get from them?

Old 06-27-2009, 01:17 PM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tbrenan
Chad brings up a good question.

Originally Posted by chad peterson
What length shocks did ya get from them?
Not that if your call on possible fixes to your issue and a reply of (Dude! we sent you what you ordered) is a good customer relations reply. That isn't cool.
But If you have a lowered shock, travel is limited. Have you had better from a different maker in same length?

Old 06-27-2009, 03:04 PM
roadhouse
Tourer

i got progressives and i dont know if its the shocks or the bikes but it handles like **** in the corners! if u ride hard in the corners and hit the throttle it bounces like crazy. its the sme with the stockers, and iv tried all the spring settings. maybe i need a true trac or sputh or maybe better shocks!