Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Street Bob, vs 2010 street bob

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 01:38 AM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DeathProof72
If you hate so much about your SB, then why did you buy it? Personally, even if it was all they had, I would never have settled on a bike if there was so much I hated about it.
Sarcasm...lol

I like to be a bit different. I was never one to fit in or fall in line as others.

I really like the look of a black bike, classic look....... just not my bike.

It's even better since they've dropped the Profile rims, Pewter paint and the 2 tone motor. Gives it some distinction.

At first I was going to write how I though that losing the 2 tone was going to be a mistake. After all they wanted to give the SB a real retro look. I think they did that with the motor. Anyone that had a 90's FXR or old Evo motor will remember that they also had the same set up. Even some AMF's if I remember right?

As I thought about it, I wasn't a huge fan of the blond case, or heads. This bike was an exception. It works so well because of the Pewter tins and the profile wheels. A friend of mine has an 07 RG. Same color, but it has the Blond cast wheels, case and heads. On that bike, I really don't care for it. My 08 is black, and I think it looks better.

I'm still not sure if I'm sold with the look on the Red and Blue SB's. Same with the profile rims.

The profiles give the impression that the wheel is wider than it is. Even better with the wide tire kit installed.

The biggest selling point at first was the chopped fender. Once I seen how the Pewter tied it all together.... well that was it. The tins, rims, and case, even the stripe on the battery cover. The heads with the frame, seat, and tires. Rocker covers with the a/c, pipes, shocks and dog dick tail light.

Works pretty nice on the black bikes as well minus the profile wheels. I do have to admit that the all black motor/cases would look better on the Red and Blue denim bikes and that's what they did.

Not slagging the Red or Blue, I really liked the red, but once I seen it this way... I was done.

Some hate the fender. I really like it. I had an 07 1200 low that had the same fender with the witch wart tail light as do the older SB's. The 09 & up SB was totally different and the only bike with it.

I did have to brake down and change the cam cover and primary derby cover as that was just a little too much blond and it looked washed out with the chrome cover. same with the rear axle nut covers.

I like the fact that it will be far and few that I will see another like it anywhere in the sea of black bikes. Could be a reason why I love the look as much as the ride on my RG as well. Is that one of the reasons that we love our bikes as much?? To be different?

So to make it clear.... I was really being sarcastic, but I do have to admit that the black out motor was probably the best way to go along with black rims........just not on a Pewter bike...lol

Just a personal preferance. We all add our own little bits to make them our own.

Thanks to all that liked the look. Appriciate it

Heywood

Old 07-29-2009, 02:04 AM
heywood727
Road Master

Originally Posted by RED_5
My 09 Street Bob has the same black rims as the 2010, were these rims not available in Canada? I think the profile rims you have were an option down here.
Oh ya... The profile rims were an option here in Canada as well. Not much different than in the States. Just snow and we're not allowed to have the cool rear ended bikes. We have to have the witches wart on our a$$.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:29 AM
Bone11B
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I to just saw the new 2010 Bob's. I spent awhile deciding which one I wanted, 09 vs 10. Im still deployed in Iraq and come home next month, so I can still switch my bike to a 2010. After seeing the new blacked engine I wanted to switch. But after thinking about it and seeing that everyone wants that, Im going with the 09.

As stated earlier, its suppose to be retro, right? Silver case, the l*mp d*ck tail light..retro too? right? I made up my mind and staying with the 09 Street bob. Already have idea's and plan's for it, and blacking out the engine isn't one of them. Don't get me wrong I see everyone elses and I think they are awesome looking. I just want mine to be different.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:38 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

If you really want to be different and stand out have the engine powdercoated pink. I can almost guarantee you no one has done that yet.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:27 AM
harper764
Banned

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
If you really want to be different and stand out have the engine powdercoated pink. I can almost guarantee you no one has done that yet.
ha ha...thats some funny ****. it's true though......unless you are riding a one of a kind custom, youre not going to be "unique" or "different", or "against the grain".....youre just another dude, with a harley

Old 07-29-2009, 07:36 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by harper764
ha ha...thats some funny ****. it's true though......unless you are riding a one of a kind custom, youre not going to be "unique" or "different", or "against the grain".....youre just another dude, with a harley
Exactamundo!

Way too much time being spent trying to be different. Why not stop worrying what everyone else has or has not and just get what you like.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:15 AM
DSnoopy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got money that says if we pinked out our bikes with cool purple highlights that MOCO would have it on their bike by 2012

Old 07-29-2009, 11:31 AM
DeathProof72
Road Master

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Exactamundo!

Way too much time being spent trying to be different. Why not stop worrying what everyone else has or has not and just get what you like.
That's what I say, and as some have seen based on my mods in the past, I live by that motto too..

Old 07-29-2009, 11:31 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
I got money that says if we pinked out our bikes with cool purple highlights that MOCO would have it on their bike by 2012
I don't want to know...

Old 08-03-2009, 09:12 PM
marknz
Stage I

love the seat piginablanket what type is it?

I have the same 09 SB and lovin it. Just got it 2 weeks ago and now when it rains I curse the gods of riding...

Quick Reply: 09 Street Bob, vs 2010 street bob