Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

saddle bags

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:48 AM
CoolChrome
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: saddle bags

A bob with Throw Bag Without passenger seat.

Ive added a protective layer between the fender and the leather to prevent scratches.. you cant see them on the pictures.

I dont know if the bags are flipped on right side... sorry im no cowboy...

Old 06-06-2006, 10:11 AM
stubby
Road Captain

Yea. That's Bills old bike barn. A great place for older bike parts.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:15 AM
stubby
Road Captain

The bracket I am waiting for is a single mount to the fender bolt. May or may not work, but easier then moving turn signal.
These brackets cost about $43. I figure that's cheaper then a new guard or repainting.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:38 PM
glebo
Grand HDF Member

Received 995 Likes on 326 Posts

nope, no cables or brackets. just some tie downs that tie onto the top rear shock bolt, and i attach the bottom tie down to the swingarm. only rub spot is on the top belt guard, buts the belt guard is black, so its not that noticeable. works for me. of course, some little rubs under the seat, but you cant see those.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:51 AM
stubby
Road Captain

Hey; The jp bracket did not work. I misunderstood the catalogue info. My bags are slant and I will attempt to use them without brackets. glebo I hope the top belt gaurd is minimal. I ride a solo seat and the bags came with soft material linning.

Old 06-09-2006, 11:10 AM
hd_sob
Road Master

ORIGINAL: grape ape

I also bought a leather barrel bag to mount on the luggage rack for when I need to carry more stuff.
Hey Grape,

What barrel bag did ya get? I've been shopping for one for some time now, but there are so many to choose from, I have yet to make up my mind. Some feedback on the one you chose might be helpful (and a pic, if ya got one)...THANKS!

Old 06-09-2006, 06:31 PM
stbobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wrote to Chilhowee Leather they say to measure your bike. First measure the horizontal distance from the edge of the rear turn signal to directly to where the riders lower back aligns to the seat. Next measure the vertical distance from the exhaust pipe to approximitly 3 inches below the top of the fender. You'll need at least one inch between the bottom of the bag and the exhaust pipe. They also suggest either a fender bib or a protective static cling film that can be applied to the fender as needed for an extra $5.00. anyone got this figured out yet?

Old 06-09-2006, 06:56 PM
grape ape
Tourer

ORIGINAL: hd_sob

Hey Grape,

What barrel bag did ya get? I've been shopping for one for some time now, but there are so many to choose from, I have yet to make up my mind. Some feedback on the one you chose might be helpful (and a pic, if ya got one)...THANKS!
I ended up buying a bag on Ebay for $12.99 plus $8 for shipping! Yes, you read that right -- $21 bucks. It's no Biker's Friend bag, but I think it will work very well. It's black real leather (the patchwork type) and it has 2 sets of velcro straps on the bottom which will strap on the luggage rack or sissy bar, adjustable web straps on each side to anchor to the turn signals or shocks, and 4 D rings on the bottom corners to run ties through if necessary -- very basic & very functional. I didn't think I could really make use of the "backrest" feature of the Biker's Friend bag since I'm putting the bag back on the luggage rack, so didn't want to shell out the major cash for one. Check out this seller on Ebay "onthegoldenpond". They have lots of leather biker related products for great prices and it's all brand new stuff.

Note: Now that I've checked out the Ebay bag more thoroughly, I updated the description. It's even nicer and works better than I originally thought.

Old 06-10-2006, 12:17 AM
hd_sob
Road Master

Grape:

'Appreciate the response. I'll look into it...THANKS!

STeve

Old 06-10-2006, 07:30 AM
stubby
Road Captain

stbobber; The problem isn't with measurement. The brake caliper is mounted forward leaving a large area for the bags to rub against. Also, the belt guard, which can take some rubbing, is not made for loaded bags to be rubbing against. Khrome Werks has a bracket they state will fit 2006 dynas. They are expensive, $129, and it appears the turn signals will need relocation. I am waiting for a reply from werks with some mounting instructions.