Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 08:42 AM
murrayliving
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey squidhead Dodd you have to powdercoat that center piece on the tank top get it black?

Old 11-26-2013, 10:23 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of nice bikes in the Unknown Industries Crew.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:49 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by murrayliving
Hey squidhead Dodd you have to powdercoat that center piece on the tank top get it black?
No, HD-1 factory option that comes with black laced wheels.

Chrome laced wheels get you chrome dash, battery/fuse boxes, fender struts, etc.

Old 11-26-2013, 03:02 PM
macnab_sf
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by justintyme73
Quick question for you guys with the HD/Conley's 1/4 fairing. I got my Conley quarter fairing mounted today, but didn't spring for the Billet Clamps, just got the stainless clamps. with these clamps I can't get the fairing very close to the headlight at all, I mounted them with the bolts of the clamps on the fronside of the forks as they didn't seem like they would work on the back. I have like a 2" gap right now between the fairing and my headlight trim ring. I ran outta time to try much adjusting.

So do the billet clamps draw it in closer? Do I need to redo my clamps and try and get them behind the forks. Or should I save up for the billet ones?

Thanks
Old post, but for the record, the billet clamps bring the fairing in a lot closer to the forks.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:06 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Rather than disconnecting the battery, just remove the main fuse. It takes a few seconds.

If you have an alarm, remove the fuse while the ignition is in the on position.; otherwise the alarm will trigger.
My owner's manual says I will die unless I disconnect the battery. I don't want to die.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:31 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
My owner's manual says I will die unless I disconnect the battery. I don't want to die.
That's just German for "her" or "she"; your manual is just calling you a girl for taking the meaning of the text too literal.

Seriously though, either action (disconnecting the battery or pulling the main fuse) will set off an alarm if you don't switch the ignition on first. At least both of these thing set my alarm off last week during my bar swap.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:06 PM
justintyme73
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by macnab_sf
Old post, but for the record, the billet clamps bring the fairing in a lot closer to the forks.
Thanks I appreciate it, better late than never!

Old 11-27-2013, 12:34 AM
barcoeng
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's one nice ride, Dynam1te!! Lovin' the bottle opener and footpegs!

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
Here is a couple pics I took while on one of the last rides up the canyon before the snow gets too crazy. It is a night and day difference with that fairing on. Everyone I was with was freezing their asses off, except for my buddy on his RG.

Heres a pic of a good friend of mines fxrt. He passed away recently after fighting cancer for years. He had quite a collection of harleys, I'm sure by now he's already got a couple on the other side...

Old 11-27-2013, 05:01 AM
SomisMoto
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

14" Burly Apes, Renthal MX Risers, Le Pera Barebones Seat, OEM Crf 250 footpegs.

Who needs a speedometer and turn signals

Old 11-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by barcoeng
That's one nice ride, Dynam1te!! Lovin' the bottle opener and footpegs!
Thanks man! Those foot pegs are toast. I grind em down so quick.... Maybe its time to kill the lowering kit... I'm thinkin on doing a full fender swap this winter and going with a taller suspension. Time will tell.... I "have" to do cams too...

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's