Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,055 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by raptorroy
@dennyo your bike is sweet bro, where do you get that rear fender?
This thread is so full of bike ****...its amazingness and my GF keep yelling at me to get off the site...keep them coming guys!
______ It's the Stock bobtail fender

....... I Cut it Off with a Jig Saw - - and it Worked .

Name:  Fendertapped.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  152.3 KB

Name:  FENDERCUT.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  101.2 KB

Old 09-09-2013, 11:24 AM
cbrenthus
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,574 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Rod45
Exactly. They are probably the rarest style bike here in the north east. It's a catch 22 in a way because people up here love it when they see it, but the general population of non riders have only seen it on TV so they associate it with the show... Unlike the west coast where it was around long before... Other than my bike and a buddy's Dyna, I can't say I've ever run into another...

I'll tell you my story of how I got into my bike:

Grew up on dirt bikes, HD in high school with my dad, sportbikes after that. Got into HD when I bought my road king (pictured in sig) in '06. Had that and sportbikes, and even a supermoto for awhile.

I always liked the dynas, and was aware of the cafe fairing look. My favorite HD of all time is the 77 XLCR. I was also somewhat aware of the club style, but not that much.

Then, aghast, a TV show with harley's came on and I liked it. My girl (ex now) was actually the one that started watching it and told me I should try it. Honestly, what I liked the most in the first 2 seasons was the riding scenery, where they would just show them riding down the road on the hilly CA roads. Living where I live the riding sucks, its about an hour to be in anything decent and that still doesn't compare to Cali. I still watch the show, but after the first 2 seasons they don't show the bikes as much and it's gotten too much drama, but it's still better than anything else except breaking bad.

So, Every week I'm staring at this style of dyna that I love, and HD comes out with the new Wide Glide and I'm in love with that. So I buy the wide glide. And, I've done enough research on the bars and fairings to know what they do and try them out. Additionally, now I'm starting to see them on here and the different possibilities, and wanting to do one even more.

After doing the 10" t-bars and 1/4 fairing, I can honestly say the bike handles MUCH better. The stock FXDWG was squirrely at highway speeds, but the narrower bars seem to help that a ton. The fairing doesn't keep all the wind off, but it does redirect and reduce it. Basically, it makes it much easier to hang on without feeling like a parachute.

As for the flat black, I laid her down and had to repair the tank and replace the fairing. This was the quickest and cheapest way for me to get it back on the road. I plastidipped, but like it enough that I may make it permanent.

Now, my wide glide is the only bike I have. It's really all I need, best of all worlds, etc. I recently sold the road king. I love the comfort and handling of it, and once I did the bars and fairing I never road my road king again.

So, in conclusion, that's my story of how I got into this style dyna. And you know what? SOA did play a factor in it, maybe even to the point that if it wasn't for the show, I may have gone down a different road.

Call me a poser, wuss, whatever you want. I don't give a crap. My bike is mine, and I'll do what I want with it. I don't care if its one of a kind, or if it looks like a zillion others. My bike is not to impress others, it's to impress me.

You know, someone could really be original with square wheels, I bet no one is running those. Doesn't mean its a good idea

Old 09-09-2013, 01:01 PM
hutch08
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 01 T-Sport, slowly becoming more "club style"... Less "old man style"

A month ago:

Name:  20130731_183210_zps4e3622a1.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  2.90 MB

Current state:

Name:  20130909_101347_zps8def942f.jpg
Views: 998
Size:  2.08 MB

Old 09-09-2013, 02:55 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Bike looks good hutch! How do u like the 14.5" shield?

Old 09-09-2013, 04:43 PM
hutch08
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 07bobber
Bike looks good hutch! How do u like the 14.5" shield?
Just back from a short rip, took it on the highway and I'm glad I got the 14.5".

No more head bobble at 60+ mph... and I can cruise on the highway with my shield on my helmet open again.

I have to have it rocked forward though, I wish I could keep it back as I think it looks better without the gap around the fairing but it seems everyone runs them that way.

The opaque black is nice to, not being able to see it doesn't seem like an issue as I just see over it. So it's directly in my line of sight.

Only complaint now is when I pull a wheelie and the bike stands up I absolutely can't see anything which is kind of sketchy. I'm going have to work on hanging my head to the side or start doing stand-ups on the seat, haha.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:08 PM
ged533
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some kool bikes here

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-017.jpg  
Old 09-09-2013, 05:43 PM
dudshep31
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hutch08
My 01 T-Sport, slowly becoming more "club style"... Less "old man style"

A month ago:

Current state:

Looking good man. My 14.5 shield should be here tomorrow. I'm gonna have to run mine forward a little also. I'm gonna have to order another windshield for my street bob

Name:  CE49F8C8-059A-478A-B5D2-1AD0EBC7B7C6-5511-000003C8A3A337CB_zps669fe281.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  91.9 KB

Old 09-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 453 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
You seem to spend at lot of time in this thread considering you don't like it, "maaan."
I just wanna shake the tree dude, bike fashion is getting stale, let's see something DIFFERENT!!!

Old 09-09-2013, 11:01 PM

Yeah you're right let's see....let's see your tired *** low rider. Nice bars by the way, Schwin or Huffy? Easy to put down someone's bike, but why? It's not about pleasing you it's about me enjoying mine. Why don't you go trash talk every single guy with apes or every big twin with an FX front end etc, etc, etc. what decade was the last time someone truly innovated a Harley? Half the reason to ride a Harley is you can make it what you want. Go look at photos of original HD's. No such thing as apes or dual disc brakes. Get a clue goofball.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Psi23
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice bikes everyone

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's