Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 11:18 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SKT

Wow, great job w/ this one - very tastefully done IMO!

Thank you.

Originally Posted by apbtlvr
Dang you guys make me feel ancient! That's a dyna tool bag...OEM discontinued 64245-97.
Ha ha...think of it as being wise rather than old. Thanks for the P/N.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:58 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=apbtlvr;12053527]
Originally Posted by SquidHead
I love the paint, especially on the fairing. What's that little bag under your shock?

Dang you guys make me feel ancient! That's a dyna tool bag...OEM discontinued 64245-97.
I wish I could find a deal on one of those tool bags. Very hard to come by anymore.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:08 AM
apbtlvr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=mr_natural78;12055074]
Originally Posted by apbtlvr

I wish I could find a deal on one of those tool bags. Very hard to come by anymore.
Venturaoutfit is a member here. Check with him. If anybody can get one it's him. He specializes in t-sport and other rare/hard to find dyna parts.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since the style we pursue with these bikes is really about function, I was wondering if you guys get the same odd looks I do when people ask about it. I was at the dealer the other day to pick up the FXRG boots for my cold and wet commutes (they are pretty damn awesome, btw... worth the money) and I got some questions about the bike.

Does the fairing help with the wind, or is it just a looks thing? No, definitely not just looks, it helps a lot.

What's the deal with the bars? Great comfort and awesome handling.

What's next? Suspension.

Oh, you're going to slam it, huh?

No, definitely not. I'm going higher, 13-13.5" and then having the front resprung.

This is where the "uh... what?" look comes. I wouldn't be posting this if it was a one time thing, but every "Harley guy" that asks about my bike gets a puzzled look, or outright says they don't understand, when I mention raising it off the ground more and increasing its handling and overall performance.

I fully respect that some bikes are about the look, hell my Sportster was one of them, but I still don't quite get that the concept of doing things for performance or handling is so odd to the Harley world. Is that just the culture now? All about lowering it as much as you can and doing things for no reason other than look? Anyone else experienced this?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:09 PM

the front fairing looks like the front on the police bikes in the first Mad Max film

Last edited by Temporary Username 1; 12-05-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by IllusionBlue
the front fairing looks like the front on the police bikes in the first Mad Max film
And those bikes were bad-***!

Old 12-05-2013, 12:17 PM

wonder what make they were since it was made in aus.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:19 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
Since the style we pursue with these bikes is really about function, I was wondering if you guys get the same odd looks I do when people ask about it. I was at the dealer the other day to pick up the FXRG boots for my cold and wet commutes (they are pretty damn awesome, btw... worth the money) and I got some questions about the bike.

Does the fairing help with the wind, or is it just a looks thing? No, definitely not just looks, it helps a lot.

What's the deal with the bars? Great comfort and awesome handling.

What's next? Suspension.

Oh, you're going to slam it, huh?

No, definitely not. I'm going higher, 13-13.5" and then having the front resprung.

This is where the "uh... what?" look comes. I wouldn't be posting this if it was a one time thing, but every "Harley guy" that asks about my bike gets a puzzled look, or outright says they don't understand, when I mention raising it off the ground more and increasing its handling and overall performance.

I fully respect that some bikes are about the look, hell my Sportster was one of them, but I still don't quite get that the concept of doing things for performance or handling is so odd to the Harley world. Is that just the culture now? All about lowering it as much as you can and doing things for no reason other than look? Anyone else experienced this?
I blame a decade (plus) of cable "reality" shows of chopper building where the bikes are all about looks. Those guys weren't building high performance daily riders.

It's not much of an issue out here on the best coast since these bikes are everywhere. The local dealer stocks Death Squad T-bars, Ness and Conley fairings, Roadawgz, etc. I imagine the further east you are, the stranger a Panty-Dropper Dyna may seem to the locals.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Mad Max bikes were Kawasaki KZ1000s, modified to look like futuristic cafe racers.

I blame a decade (plus) of cable "reality" shows of chopper building where the bikes are all about looks. Those guys weren't building high performance daily riders.

It's not much of an issue out here on the best coast since these bikes are everywhere. The local dealer stocks Death Squad T-bars, Ness and Conley fairings, Roadawgz, etc. I imagine the further east you are, the stranger a Panty-Dropper Dyna may seem to the locals.
Yeah, I guess that makes sense considering the style spawned in California. Still loving the new name for the style, as well, lol.

Last edited by Irish883; 12-05-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:06 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

The attitude has been around much longer. Chrome, apes, and slammed setups started in the 50's or 60's and the look became an icon with Easy Rider in '69. But, the reality shows brought a ton of bolt-on stuff to the market. Stuff that used to need someone with metal working skills. The art is all but lost these days. When was the last time you saw a homemade derby cover or garage-built bars?

By the way, best coast/west coast aren't necessarily the same thing (better than my area of the east coast though.) I love me some east coast from Baltimore to Boston.

Last edited by SLV; 12-05-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's