Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 04:47 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

I feel like I've been depriving you guys of pics...lol.

This was coming back from Laughlin 2 weekends ago. Pic is deceiving, the bike is actually filthy. Pretty sure I took out a small colony of insects...

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-8brfaup.jpg

Don't know that I posted my new project in here. Forks have been swapped already from the crashed ones but still needs a bit of work to get it back on the road...

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-28v0hgj.jpg

The thought has actually rolled around in my mind of selling the DL, getting out from under the payment, paying down debt and getting a new(er) car like a Charger/Challenger or something down the road. Truck has 368k on it and I need another reliable vehicle in the stable. If I do this I'd just start slowly building up the Evo. Don't get me wrong, I love the DL but I'd rather not have the payment right now...

Old 05-07-2018, 05:36 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

[/QUOTE] The thought has actually rolled around in my mind of selling the DL. If I do this I'd just start slowly building up the Evo..[/QUOTE]

I vote for sell the DL. I don’t know your financial situation, but these bikes are toys and fit baffles me when someone has a $200 or $350 a month payment for a toy. Essentially having a car payment for something with no roof, no radio, one seat, 2 wheels and no air conditioner.

Sell the DL, ride the Evo. Or sell the Evo and put that toward the DL payment?

Old 05-07-2018, 05:47 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fxdx1985

The thought has actually rolled around in my mind of selling the DL. If I do this I'd just start slowly building up the Evo..
I vote for sell the DL. I don’t know your financial situation, but these bikes are toys and fit baffles me when someone has a $200 or $350 a month payment for a toy. Essentially having a car payment for something with no roof, no radio, one seat, 2 wheels and no air conditioner.

Sell the DL, ride the Evo. Or sell the Evo and put that toward the DL payment?

Evo money came from my savings, the idea was buy it, fix it, and flip it. Even doing that is only going to net me a few months worth of payment when all is said and done. Now, I'm not hurting financially but payment is certainly not helping things. Wouldn't sell the DL until the Evo is at least back on the road and able to make it to at least Vegas without problems...I can't be without a bike for too long, it's like my therapy. The truck is in solid shape mechanically I'm just wanting something a little newer, a second cage, can't sell it because of the mileage and a deal I made with my dad, truck stays in the family basically. As far as the bikes being toys - the evo, yes. I bought this DL with the full intention of it becoming my computer, and barring shitty weather it has been for the most part.

The way I look at it - no roof = convertible, my SENA in my helmet is my radio, I'm single so no need for more than a 2-up seat, 2 wheels gets me down the road just fine, and the wind is my air conditioner. Trust me, I've justified it all in my head already...lol.

Last edited by DynaKid94; 05-07-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:19 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

I hear ya. That wasn’t a jab, moreso at the MoCo for pricing a motorcycle at $20k+ out the door (again what some cars cost).

I dont knowthe details of your FXDL, but I’m sure it could pull $10-$12k. Throw a few thousand at the Evo or buy an $7k bike and have some money in your pocket.

Old 05-07-2018, 06:37 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fxdx1985
I hear ya. That wasn’t a jab, moreso at the MoCo for pricing a motorcycle at $20k+ out the door (again what some cars cost).

I dont knowthe details of your FXDL, but I’m sure it could pull $10-$12k. Throw a few thousand at the Evo or buy an $7k bike and have some money in your pocket.
Nah all good man, I know you weren't jabbing at me. I agree actually. The one I bought was 18k out the door, stock, with a 5k trade-in (California market for these bikes is a bit higher, but still)...Harley can't figure out why millenials aren't buying their bikes - that's probably one of the big reasons - for the most part we are priced out of the market. Don't regret buying this bike, but I certainly wouldn't do it over again. Total impulse purchase, my old 04 was a perfectly serviceable bike. Based on my research with what these bikes are going for in SoCal, won't mention specific numbers but right now I could probably cover the pay-off and walk away with 1-2k. Could take that and throw it at some motorwork for the Evo to make it a competent bike in today's environment. Just kinda evaluating all my options at this point. Figured I'm 24, and I'll have to start being a responsible adult at some point...

Last edited by DynaKid94; 05-07-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:05 PM
FXD_noob
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone here got 16'' MX T bars on their Dyna?

Old 05-08-2018, 06:20 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior

14's here. Being 6'2" I've found them to be the sweet spot for bars IMO.

Old 05-08-2018, 07:59 PM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

[QUOTE=DynaKid94;17340559]I feel like I've been depriving you guys of pics...lol.

This was coming back from Laughlin 2 weekends ago. Pic is deceiving, the bike is actually filthy. Pretty sure I took out a small colony of insects...

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-8brfaup.jpg

I'm preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-ty sure we have different definitions of "filthy".

Old 05-09-2018, 02:56 AM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
...Figured I'm 24, and I'll have to start being a responsible adult at some point...
I am exactly twice your age with a family. The term “responsible adult” is relative. It sounds like you are doing a good job managing what is important to you. As far as bikes go, my advice would be to ensure you always have a reliable bike unless wrenching is just as much therapy as riding is for you. Free time sees to elude me and I would rather spend it riding than in my garage. Long story short, I would sell the evo and keep the DL.

Last edited by Shaved Ice; 05-09-2018 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:58 AM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't wanna grow up
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-photo492.jpg

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's