Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush Slash Down/Baloney Cut/Straight Cut

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

I have the 2.0 and thought them too loud, but I've gotten used to them. I kinda' wish I had the baloney cuts.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
I have the 2.0 and thought them too loud, but I've gotten used to them. I kinda' wish I had the baloney cuts.
Why would you have prefered to have the baloney cuts? For the sound or the look?

I just installed the 1.75" Rush straights on saturday and they sound great, nice low pitch rumble and I can hear them doing 75. Not loud and obnoxious but just right to me. You won't get any louder with the style only with baffle size, but from what I was told your kinda pushing it with the 2" and up as far as plug and play without having to remap, fuelpak or dyna so I said screw it and got the smaller just in case and I love them.
There is no need of remaping with the 1.75" baffles? Just put them and enjoy?

Old 11-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Voony
Why would you have prefered to have the baloney cuts? For the sound or the look?

The look.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:55 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The cut really only changes the look of your vehicle. Although I find the slash downs will be quieter (almost whispering) at stop lights,while idleing.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:13 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

I recently was talking with a guy that worked at a Harley Dealership outside of Kansas City, as they have been selling the Rush mufflers for quite a while.

For what it's worth, they started selling the Rush mufflers instead of the V&H mufflers because they started experiencing problems with the finish on the V&H mufflers. (Anyway, that's what he told me)...

He told me that they ran a number of dyno's tests with the Rush mufflers on the newer EFI engines, and that you wouldn't need to remap if you stayed with the 2.0" or smaller baffles. If you used the 2.25" or larger baffles a remap would be necessary.

Of course that doesn't impact any of us running stock or aftermarket performance carb's, but if you have EFI it is something to note.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
I recently was talking with a guy that worked at a Harley Dealership outside of Kansas City, as they have been selling the Rush mufflers for quite a while.

For what it's worth, they started selling the Rush mufflers instead of the V&H mufflers because they started experiencing problems with the finish on the V&H mufflers. (Anyway, that's what he told me)...

He told me that they ran a number of dyno's tests with the Rush mufflers on the newer EFI engines, and that you wouldn't need to remap if you stayed with the 2.0" or smaller baffles. If you used the 2.25" or larger baffles a remap would be necessary.

Of course that doesn't impact any of us running stock or aftermarket performance carb's, but if you have EFI it is something to note.

Thanks a lot for this info!

I don't know if I will get a carb or EFI bike (I absolutely want a St Bob from 09 or 10 for the look of the rear fender and the black denim color..MY DREAM! lol)

Old 11-16-2009, 05:57 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

I've got the slash downs with the 1.75s - they sound perfect to me and really woke the bike up. I also like the look of the Baloney Cut but to me the S&S baloney cuts look better than the Rush ones; the angle of the cut makes the opening longer on the S&S; if that makes sense? I think the volume would be identical between the different styles; can't see it making enough of a difference to be noticable.

Anyway I'm real happy with the Rush but I will +1 the comments about going with the 1.75 baffles; loud enough but not obnoxious

Old 11-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CRF
I've got the slash downs with the 1.75s - they sound perfect to me and really woke the bike up. I also like the look of the Baloney Cut but to me the S&S baloney cuts look better than the Rush ones; the angle of the cut makes the opening longer on the S&S; if that makes sense? I think the volume would be identical between the different styles; can't see it making enough of a difference to be noticable.

Anyway I'm real happy with the Rush but I will +1 the comments about going with the 1.75 baffles; loud enough but not obnoxious
I think that is what I want!

What does S&S stand for?

Old 11-16-2009, 10:19 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

I think that is what I want!

What does S&S stand for?
ummmmmmm stands for S&S Cycle.....here's a link to their catalogue

http://www.sscycle.com/modules/catal...&z_catalog=%3D

Old 11-17-2009, 06:22 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CRF
ummmmmmm stands for S&S Cycle.....here's a link to their catalogue

http://www.sscycle.com/modules/catal...&z_catalog=%3D
Aha it's the first time I hear about S&S exhaust since I'm reading this forum and watching youtube...