Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocation SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 05:09 AM
sergeantmajor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!
Not a native speaker so sometimes it's all English to me...

Old 12-06-2009, 06:36 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

for 20 bucks more you can do these! http://www.alloyart.com/products/dsl.html paint black or wrinkle to match whatever struts you have.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:58 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Depending on the look you want you may want to stay away from the Kuryakyn bar. I bought on for my bike and the turn signals poke out beyond the flat part on the rear of the tail light. It looks funny to me so I plan on getting the Street Glide bar sometime in the future.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:26 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
for 20 bucks more you can do these! http://www.alloyart.com/products/dsl.html paint black or wrinkle to match whatever struts you have.

I had these, but for me I didn't like the overlap on the strut covers. If you don't mind that they are bright!!

Old 12-06-2009, 10:43 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by sergeantmajor
What means: "till it was flush with my fender"??

Here's a picture of the right side mounting point. if you don't grind it down on the inner portion of the mounting point you will have about a 1/8" gap on the outside. When you get your light bar and you put it up against your fender it will make perfect sense. Then for the angle I did guess and check. I just eye balled it grinded it down and put it up on the fender to check it. I grinded little at a time and kept checking till I was happy. Make sure when you check the light bar level with the ground also. Do a little at a time because if you take to much off you'll have a gap on the inside of the mounting point. I coated the bare metal with clear nail polish to help with rust. Make sure you use masking tape for mocking it up and drilling so you don't mess up your paint. I know it sound like a lot but just making sure you all know precautions to watch out for. It was very easy and only took me 30 min to mask, ground and mount then another 30min for wiring.

Last edited by JaronB; 12-06-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:31 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

That looks good Jaron, drilling the first hole has to be tough going into that paint set.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:28 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ackman1968
That looks good Jaron, drilling the first hole has to be tough going into that paint set.
Yes pucker factor was in affect. I measured like 20 times to make sure I drill once and not have to re-paint. I had the light bar for 6-8 months, just had to let the ***** drop to drill into the paint set.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:45 PM
goose246
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about these bags for the dyna, I dont THINK they need the relocation. I believe they have cutouts for the dyna standard light set

Dyna "The Big Bag" leather saddlebags

The I cant find them on the HD website but the ARE in the 2010 HD downloadable catalog. It wont let me post the picture for some reason but they are in there!

If you dont have the catalog already here is the link:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...bmLocale=en_US

They are at the bottom of page 156 and the turn signals have not been relocated

Old 12-06-2009, 05:54 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by goose246
what about these bags for the dyna, I dont THINK they need the relocation. I believe they have cutouts for the dyna standard light set

Dyna "The Big Bag" leather saddlebags

The I cant find them on the HD website but the ARE in the 2010 HD downloadable catalog. It wont let me post the picture for some reason but they are in there!

If you dont have the catalog already here is the link:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...bmLocale=en_US

They are at the bottom of page 156 and the turn signals have not been relocated

they fit 96-01 models. Does not mean they may not be modified to fit though.

Last edited by rounder; 12-06-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:58 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

you know the cleanest way to do this is to get a kuryakin panacea taillight. It has the blinkers built in. You are legal and you can toss the signals. If you are using the run turn module on your signals, you unfortunately will loose the extra light to alert drivers you are on the brakes. I have my signals simply due to the brake stop module on my bike.

Quick Reply: Relocation SUCKS