Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Black Denim or Vivid Black?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Muddyape
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not what you presented for choices but Pewter denim. I love Denim black but its prevalent these days, vivid black would be my favorite but hate maintaining it. ive painted my bike three times already and always went with a satin finish because of ease of maintenence, not black though.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:06 AM
CraigsStreetbob
Cruiser

If you want the dark custom look then the denim is the way to go. If you are going to add chrome to the Bob then vivid is the way to go.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Smokey Burnouts
Road Captain

I was told the Denim cant be touched up as easy! (cant buff or polish out light scratches) I like the denim but like someone earlier said, the frame, engine, ..etc ore all a gloss black!!! Just my $.02

Last edited by Smokey Burnouts; 01-12-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:14 AM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,129 Likes on 1,647 Posts

I've had my bike for a little over 14 months and a little over 9200 miles. I've had no problems or issues with the black denim paint..IMO, it's less hassle. No buffing, waxing, etc.

I use a micro fiber towel and wet one section of it to just wipe off any bug splat, road grime, etc if needed and then use the dry section of the towel and dry it off. It takes about 15 min. to clean the bike off after riding and I'm done.

I like it alot.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Vivid Black for all the reasons stated.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:23 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nathanw
I thought I wanted my Bob to be Denim, I drooled over it for months before buying but at the last minute I had a change of heart and went with Vivid. The flat black is a trendy color and you will get sick of it eventually where as gloss black always has and always will look bad ***. Nothing in the world looks better than freshly cleaned and waxed high gloss black paint.
Agreed.

Smokey Burnouts I was told the Denim cant be touched up as easy! (cant buff or polish out light scratches) I like the denim but like someone earlier said, the frame, engine, ..etc ore all a gloss black!!! Just my $.02
I too, originally wanted my '09 Streetbob in Denim Black. I saw the Vivid and saw so much more in potential schemes with pin striping, changing chrome parts to gloss black possibilities, the flat silver H-D tank badge stands out a little more. Not that you can't do that with a denim black scheme. I just decided I liked the Vivid more, in the end.

Last edited by "Dutch"; 01-12-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Smokey Burnouts
Road Captain

Just get what make u feel like a Bas a$$ ****! haha

Old 01-12-2010, 09:31 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My Lowrider is Vivid Black. My brothers SB is Denim Black. If you're going with chrome, I like the Vivid, but if you're going blacked out I think I prefer the Denim.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

depends...i personally enjoy washing and waxing and detailing my bike so i went vivid.

if you're not into doing that...get the denim to save you some hassle

Old 01-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I personally like both and would tend to say a Vivid Black would lead to adding more chrome and what not where the Demin I want to leave it alone.

The demin sorta grows on you after time or so it has me.

Also note the Denim colors from the factory are Powder Coat rather than painted. I was also told by the Service manager that all the Denim were supposed to fade or weather in time...Hence the word Denim like jeans fade.

So it you are buying a new Denim Bob and want to remove tank emblems do it early or if you are buying an previously owned Denim color you might want to have a can of touch up paint around just in case. Color Rite has Black Dinim rattle cans for $50.00 an dI hear the HD does as well but it is spendy.

I was having a front fender painted and they were going to use Hot Rod flat black and said it would'nt fade so the fender is at another shop with a rattle can of rather pricy touch up paint.

It's your bike and up to you what you want the end results to be.

Karsten

Last edited by Karsten; 01-12-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Street Bob Black Denim or Vivid Black?