Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Denim Paint for Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 07:04 PM
thebestofindica
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Denim Paint for Street Bob

I was just messing man, denim would have been my first choice, but they only had a leftover '06 in vivid black. Just keeping everyone on their toes.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:32 AM
moggy
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys, im just a couple of days away from buying my 07 streetbob, the only thing left to decided is you guessed it
BLACK DENIM or VIVID BLACK.. black denim has always been my preffered choice but i have a few questions for all the owners of black demin scoots espeacily people that have had it for awhile..
1. how well does it hold up? (scratches easily?, marks easily?)
2. i will be taking a 2up seat on and off abit and have heard that rubbing on the denim will make a polished look, will i get this from having the seat on? and taking it off..
3. does it chip easily?

answers to any of these will help a heap..

cheers

moggy

Old 02-21-2007, 10:41 AM
davidchristopher
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: thebestofindica

I'm not one to speculate, but I heard that Lance Bass, formerly of N'Sync and formerly a straight man, now owns a black denim streetbob. Call it what you will, but I think that speaks for itself. Knowing that, I now own a vivid black streetbob!
That's an absolute lie! He was never a straight man.

I have the denim black - and to be honest, I'm a little bored with it. I'm gonna swap out my tins for custom painted ones- that way I can always go back to the denim. It DOES look cool, and clean up is a SNAP (windex!)

As far as the passenger seat... it will most likely SCRATCH THE PAINT. On my rear fender it went down to the metal. In a few places.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:01 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go for ther Denim Black! Easy clean-up and no waxing - more time for riding!! And any paint with scratch if itched!
Chip

Old 02-21-2007, 12:05 PM
dog06bob
Tourer

I love the black denim, but I went with the vivid as well. I couldn't justify spending four hundred dollars more for flat paint. When my paint starts to look sh!tty, I'll buy some two dollar spray cans of flat black and paint it myself. I'm a sucky painter, but flat paint is very forgiving. I do like the idea of less time cleaning and more time riding. As long as it's black who gives a ****. Good luck with your purchase!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-21-2007, 12:12 PM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: moggy

hey guys, im just a couple of days away from buying my 07 streetbob, the only thing left to decided is you guessed it
BLACK DENIM or VIVID BLACK.. black denim has always been my preffered choice but i have a few questions for all the owners of black demin scoots espeacily people that have had it for awhile..
1. how well does it hold up? (scratches easily?, marks easily?)
2. i will be taking a 2up seat on and off abit and have heard that rubbing on the denim will make a polished look, will i get this from having the seat on? and taking it off..
3. does it chip easily?

answers to any of these will help a heap..

cheers

moggy
hey moggy, i'd say go with what you like. i've had a 2-up seat on and off mine without serious paint damage. with gloss, you can buff out minor scuff marks. with the denim, i don't think it really matters as lng as it's not down to the metal. whichever color you go with, don't put the seat directly onto paint. i have a thin layer of high-density foam in between. it helps.

Old 02-21-2007, 01:07 PM
dubblist
Tourer

My paint has started to fade a small bit. Esp on the tail section. I do take the two up seat on and off quit a bit so that's prob why, plus wiping it every other day. It's supposed to fade but I'm most likely going to be getting her painted in the next year with reg matte black and vivid flames.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:56 PM
NEbobba
Cruiser

As soon as I saw the denim in 06 I had to go with that. I hate washing cars/bikes and in 10 weeks and nearly 8000kms (5000mls) the only time I gave it a wash was after a trip to the coast where the bikes got covered in salt from the sea air.... I'm lucky though, my mechanic washes the bikes when they service them...lol....
I'm actually looking forward to the denim fading and wearing, I like to ride and not spend the weekend polishing and shining..

Old 02-21-2007, 06:08 PM
gorilla
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the denim and couldn't be happier. It looks good clean or dirty. I did get some marks in the rear fender from staples on the underside of the passenger pillion (the dealer installed it). Since then I always put some weather stripping over the staples. But I used a little touch up paint on the deeper spots and now you can't even see where they were. So I love the low maintenance, easy fix finish. The vivid looks good when it's shiney and clean. But mine looks better dirty! (IMHO)

Old 02-21-2007, 06:44 PM
NEONNIGHT34609
Road Captain

do your homework with the 2 up seat and you have no scratches .. there is alot on the board about it and its not just using the harley bumper kit .. there is a huge mouse pad at office depot for 10 buxs cut it to fit and place it under your seat no scratches at all on my fender of my bob .. love the demin its just as tough as gloss paint . still looks like new i see no wear on it with 6,000 miles so far

Quick Reply: Denim Paint for Street Bob