Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Finished

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:51 AM
Nairb
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Finished

took a little under three hours to internally wire and install 12 in Apes on my 07 Superglide. Now can any one tell me what is the best place to purchase an extended cable kit from? Not looking to break the bank but you have to do what you have to do. On a side note has anyone ever been able to get some of sthe stock cables to work?

Old 03-11-2010, 04:44 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link to a set sold by Hill County Cycles on eBay. I believe the set is made up of lines and cables from different manufacurers. While not the best available, they are of reasonable quality at a reasonable price.

I think you'll find most will say the switch from Buckhorns to 12" apes will be too much of a stretch for your stock cables and lines.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:32 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think joe, JRK, made his stock cables work with a little re-routing. but he had mini apes and went larger, so i bet you will indeed need to get longer cables.

go to drag specialties "fatbook" http://www.dragspecialties.com/fatbook/2

find you collor/manufacturer of choice, then find bike model, then find extended length (measure how short your old cables are!), then write down part number.

go to zonotti's website ( https://www.zanottimotor.com/shopping/partLookUp.html ) and enter part number, also enter "aftermarket" in drop down list. then you will see your price as they discount from msrp of drag parts.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:34 AM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

I just did 12" mini apes on my friends sporty using a wiring/cable kit from Burly. I was impressed with the quality of the kit.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Nairb
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ryderbiker
I just did 12" mini apes on my friends sporty using a wiring/cable kit from Burly. I was impressed with the quality of the kit.
I have seen those kits it is just about the only one that comes up when you google extension cable kits, but will it work on a Dyna?