Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Run/turn/brake module

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:05 PM
mikeault
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Run/turn/brake module

I installed one on my 07 street bob. My turn signals act as running lights and turn signals, but don't light up when the brakes applied. My brake light works, just not the turn signals as brake lights. My dealer thinks I'm nuts. Any ideas?

Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Your dealer is nuts for thinking you're nuts...

How old is the unit? If you just installed it, take it back for a new one. Since the turn sigs light us as running & directionals, I'd say your wiring is ok and it's a faulty unit.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:13 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 970 Likes on 733 Posts

Those modules are usually plug n play, unless you did some wiring to install it the unit could be defective. If it's new contact your supplier and get it resolved.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:16 PM
mikeault
Tourer

I tried to take it back this morning and just exchange for a new one, but they have a no return policy on electrical. I want to chop the fender and eliminate the tail light, but obviously can't do that without some type of "hey my brakes are apllied" light. I'm supposed to talk to the service manager tomorrow. Hopefully he'll take it back.
I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem with these, or if the setup was different on the bob.
I'd hate to be SOL 50 bones.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:22 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

If you are running LED turn signals this may be the problem. You may need a load equalizer. I just installed one in my 07 Softail and noticed the brake lights in the turn signal is barely visible. I'm hoping the load equalizer will take care of it.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:25 PM
mikeault
Tourer

Good point. I'm running stock signals, but have a LED bulb in the tailight. I didn't need any mods for it to work, and haven't had any problems. I'll be eliminating the tailight soon, so it may not matter. I'll try unplugging it and see what happens.
Would that bulb be enough to upset the turn signals with that module though - since they are stock?

Old 03-25-2010, 01:53 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

I don't know and electrical is not my strong suit. Please let us know what you find though.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:55 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is it a HD module or another brand?

If its not a HD one make sure its a run/turn/brake module, some of them are designed to just do the running lights and not the brakes.

I had a HD one at first and it quit working pretty quick. I have one from biketronics now and it has a lifetime warranty.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeault
I tried to take it back this morning and just exchange for a new one, but they have a no return policy on electrical.
I'd understand if you didn't like it, but since it doesn't work - it's not a return. It's an exchange for one that does work.

The load equalizer is only for LED turn sigs.

If I were to do it again, I'd buy this one.
http://www.bikerhiway.com/badlands-i...in-p-1284.html

Old 03-25-2010, 02:58 PM
RicMF
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try replacing your LED bulbs with the stock incandescents and see if that fixes it. If so, it's a load balance problem.

Quick Reply: Run/turn/brake module