Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar Suggestions Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 06:03 PM
porker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handlebar Suggestions Wanted

I want to change the stock buckhorn bars on my '10 Super Glide Custom. I want something other than the buckhorn, ape or beach style. My arms seem to be short so I need something with more pull back for comfort.

Any suggestions?

Old 05-08-2010, 06:17 PM
bqualls
Tourer
Default Handlebar Suggestions Wanted

Originally Posted by porker
I want to change the stock buckhorn bars on my '10 Super Glide Custom. I want something other than the buckhorn, ape or beach style. My arms seem to be short so I need something with more pull back for comfort.

Any suggestions?
I've had the same thought. I have the chrome version of the stock buckhorns on my bike now. I haven't seen any FXDCs with different bars in my area. The H-D catalogue lists lots of options on bars and risers. Best bet might be picking something from the catalogue and seeing if your dealer has it in stock and placing it next to the bike to visualize how it will fit. As H-D accessories go, bars are not too expensive, not to mention the aftermarket options.

Old 05-08-2010, 06:22 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

You need the Wild One Drag bars on the wife's sporty. They have so much pullback it feels like riding a dirt bike to me. They are extremely comfortable, and I can get them for you too. http://www.wild1inc.com/560gb.html

Old 05-08-2010, 06:49 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Carilini Super Sweeps 9inch rise with 11.5 inchs of pull back. I needed more pull back as well. I debated between these and the wild ones and prefered the look of the Carilini's.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Bones77
Road Captain

I've really had a hard time trying to figure out how to bring the controls a bit back to me. Looked at pull back risers, pull back drag bars and apes. After much measuring and much contemplation I think I'm going to end up with Wild 1 10" chubby apes. Think that will put the controls right where they should be for me. I'm 5' 6 and half to lean ever so slightly into the stock bars.

Hey Bqualls: what exhaust your running? Python slip ons?

Bones

Old 05-08-2010, 08:58 PM
bqualls
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bones77
Hey Bqualls: what exhaust your running? Python slip ons?
Screaming Eagle Slip-ons.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:30 PM
RonRock
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
You need the Wild One Drag bars on the wife's sporty. They have so much pullback it feels like riding a dirt bike to me. They are extremely comfortable, and I can get them for you too. http://www.wild1inc.com/560gb.html

Can I get a price on these?

Old 05-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Frankensteineken
Intermediate

Obviously it's all subjective, but I like drags with pullback risers. I hate buckhorns. They might nor be as clean, but a nice part about running seperate bars/risers is that you can change out the risers if you don't get it quite right.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:06 PM
TXcruzin
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

10" Z Bars from Todds Cycles. I think youd dig em

Attached Thumbnails Handlebar Suggestions Wanted-photo.jpg  
Old 05-09-2010, 08:23 AM
rebel97
Advanced

I put 4.5 pullback risers on my 09 super glide custom stock handlebars with no cable changes - I did have to change the clamp (reverse) on the front brake cable. I attached some pictures. I'd check with HD to see if there were any changes form 09 to 10 that would make a difference. Changing handlebars is not too expensive but the cable changes and labor can add up. That is why I went stock handlebars with pullback risers.
Attached Thumbnails

Quick Reply: Handlebar Suggestions Wanted