Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFI tuner question...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 07:22 PM
MacBean
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i put on a thunder header with the SE ac kit from the dealer. the bike ran so so. the pipe blued out real bad and it would back fire on decel. i ended up taking the pipe off and going back to the stock pipe with slip ons.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Evil_keeps_me_young
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R_W_B
Was that a typo? Why would you want to go with a "smaller" a/c ?

just to get rid of the semi football cover... probably a joke machine 4" a/c they look cool... but if i spend 300$ on a a/c i should just spend the money on a tuner also...

Old 12-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't like the tear drop cover on mine...went with a SE round (similar to the Big Sucker, which I would have bought if mine was not the right price) and used a CD for a cover. I like the simple look as well as personalization of the CD. And...my right leg is not bowed out like with the stocker cover...........

I have $80 bucks total into the A/C.

Joker Machine makes NICE parts, I really want a set of their BMX style pegs, but I think they run in the $160 range. Ouch.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:17 AM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Evil_keeps_me_young
just to get rid of the semi football cover... probably a joke machine 4" a/c they look cool... but if i spend 300$ on a a/c i should just spend the money on a tuner also...
Oh ok got you, smaller cover but bigger filter. I'm in a minority on that since I actually like the OEM football cover. Guess that comes from all the years I spent dreaming about owning a Harley but never had the money while I was raising a family and paying off the house.

But yes if you put on pipes (that offer better flow) then you need to compensate the mix or over time you will burn your valves. That story is older than me (and I'm 60).

Additionally I am convinced the cooler your engine runs the more mileage it will run without a rebuild. Air cooled engines have a disadvantage to fan equipped cars when they are not moving. You would also do well (if you are not already) to put "full synthetic" oil (not blended synthetic) in your bike. That will also make it run cooler and lubricate better.