Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dakota Digital Speedo/Tach Installed On My Superglide

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 10:20 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm liking mine, too. I bought it just for the tach capabilities, but it turned out to be much more than that. If you look at the photo of it in the ads, it shows the bar tach in 500 RPM increments, totally useless for me as I can guess the RPM's about that well. However, with few clicks of the button, even while riding, you can pull up a digital tach readout that shows simultanously with the speedometer, very very nice! I can turn the bike off, fire it up next time and it still retains the digital tach setting, or whatever readout I last used.

I like being able to check the max RPM that I hit on that last ride, too. Yeah, reading my 0-60 times or 1/4 mile times without having to punch anything, just ride and check later. Too cool!

Old 02-28-2011, 12:38 AM
Inspector 12
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dakota combo is one element of my SE 120R upgrade on my 06 Street Bob. I went with the red readout, seems to go better with my old eyes.

Excited for the dyno work to be finished so I can get it home and see how well it works.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:46 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Inspector 12
The dakota combo is one element of my SE 120R upgrade on my 06 Street Bob. I went with the red readout, seems to go better with my old eyes.

Excited for the dyno work to be finished so I can get it home and see how well it works.
Congrats on the big bore upgrade! My old eyes like the blue readout on the Dakota's though.

I'm interested to see how the numbers work out for your build. I'm also interested to see what the numbers are on my own build. The weather here in Eastern WA has been cold and ugly, though I've snuck out a few times to do a little testing.

My blasts about the country roads only revealed the need to upgrade my clutch, which I've done.....

Oops, this thread was on the Dakota. I love it!

Old 02-28-2011, 09:03 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 37,502 Likes on 12,943 Posts

The term "elegant simplicity" comes to mind when describing a Superglide,I have mine set up as a sport/tourer with the HD detachable bags,Sportech windshield,Marsee magnetic tank bag and HD roll bag for the luggage rack,I can strip it down in three minutes.The Dakota all in one single gauge solution works for me.

Attached Thumbnails Dakota Digital Speedo/Tach Installed On My Superglide-lg-phone-pics-019.jpg   Dakota Digital Speedo/Tach Installed On My Superglide-lg-phone-pics-018.jpg