Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD New Part: Chopped Fender Edge Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paullavery
Well after taking it back to the dealer yesterday, it turns out there are 2 types, one for sportster and one for the dyna. Even had my original order for the Dyna chopped rear fender to show part nos match, but turns out my chopped rear fender that i got from HD is actually a chopped rear fender for a street bob & totally different to the dyna !!! Can't work this one out & neither could the dealer, but got a refund ! But still a bit ****ed off that Harley have sold me a chopped rear fender for a street bob that has part nos relating to something else, too late to change that now after custom painting etc....
You want the Sportster part. The one for the FXDWG is too wide for your FXDC and/or the bobbed fender kit on from the Street Bob. The FXDWG and the FXDF both run 180 rear tires with a wider fender, 9-91/4" can't remember exactly. The Sportsters, FXDC, Street Bob and others run a 150 or 160 rear tire and around an 8" rear fender.

I hate when Harley does this. The two parts should be divided by for Sportster/Dyna(Except FXDWG) and then the other for FXDWG only to keep down the confusion.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:10 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
A street bob IS a Dyna and has the same frame as your Super Glide - you have the right fender.
I know a street bob is a dyna thanks !

Old 04-15-2011, 09:13 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Phrogman
You want the Sportster part. The one for the FXDWG is too wide for your FXDC and/or the bobbed fender kit on from the Street Bob. The FXDWG and the FXDF both run 180 rear tires with a wider fender, 9-91/4" can't remember exactly. The Sportsters, FXDC, Street Bob and others run a 150 or 160 rear tire and around an 8" rear fender.

I hate when Harley does this. The two parts should be divided by for Sportster/Dyna(Except FXDWG) and then the other for FXDWG only to keep down the confusion.
Well I have the wide tyre kit & chopped rear fender from HD & am running a 180 rear tyre, but it is definitely a street bob chopped fender ! Looks like I'll try the sportster LED light then, thanks.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:36 PM
jp28
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reviving this older thread to ask the following...

Has anyone put the 73416-11 light bar kit on their 2010+ Wide Glide AND also lowered their rear suspension with 11" shocks? Will the light clear in such a setup?

Old 07-07-2012, 02:23 PM
chargand
1st Gear
Default edge light 73416-11 installation question

Originally Posted by lillhawh
Here's mine. Really helps day and night. Put it on two weeks ago and noticed first time out the people behind me were not riding up my a$$
Hello,

I just ordered the edge light P/N 73416-11 and was wondering if there were any unexpected issues with mounting and hooking it up. The instructions warned about the excess of a 43 ma draw on the electrical system, is this anything to worry about?

I just installed a set of 430 progressive shocks on my 2012 Wide Glide and ran into a problem with the upper chrome covers not fitting over the top of the shocks. A little filing solved that issue but, I wish I had known about it in advance.

Thanks,

Charlie

Old 12-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Jmee327
Intermediate

I'm a little confused on what Part # is which.... I have a 2012 Street Bob, Is there a light to fit the stock fender?

Old 01-25-2013, 03:06 AM
Matte-Meck
Stage I
Default Chopped fender edge light

Originally Posted by lillhawh
Here's mine. Really helps day and night. Put it on two weeks ago and noticed first time out the people behind me were not riding up my a$$
Hello!

My name is Mats, and lives in Sweden.
Right now I'm rebuilding my bike.
One of the steps is to change the taillight.
Have in mind to do something like that you have made.
Very nicely done!

Now to my questions:

- What is it mounted on a bike?
- What model of taillight is that? (since there are two similar, but different sizes.)
- What's the size of your rear tires?
- How wide is your rear fender?
- Do you know the dimensions of the lights?
- Length:
- Width:
- Height:
Where did you buy it?

Hope you have the desire to help me with the answers to these questions!

Thanks in advance!

Mats
nymme199@hotmail.com

Old 04-11-2017, 01:36 PM
ilnighttrain06
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dimensions

I would also like the dimensions of the wide glide chopped fender tail light. I am thinking about buying one and cracking it open to put in an integrated turn signal/tail light bar inside it so I can remove my turn signals. Has anyone else attempted this?

Width?
Height?