Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highroads Harley-Davidson in Highland Park, People's Republic of NJ is closing

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:18 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Highroads Harley-Davidson in Highland Park, People's Republic of NJ is closing

Highroads Harley-Davidson located at 211 Woodbridge Avenue, Highland Park, People's Republic of New Jersey (PRNJ) 08904, will close its doors and cease being a Harley-Davidson dealer on Friday, April 15, 2011. I received the official letter from Highroads in the mail today. The owner of Highroads Harley-Davidson is the same man that owns Liberty Harley-Davidson in Rahway, PRNJ. He will be keeping Liberty Harley-Davidson open. He purchased Harley-Davidson of Edison about 15 months ago, renamed it Highroads Harley-Davidson, and began losing money immediately and continuously. So in the last 2 years, two very longstanding Harley dealerships in the PRNJ have closed - Trenton Harley-Davidson and Highroads Harley-Davidson (formerly Harley-Davidson of Edison).

FYI for anyone that's interested.

Here's the announcement URL: http://highroadshd.com/

Richard...

Last edited by rdondes; 04-19-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:55 PM
lkohan7373
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are they having a going out of business sale? Or are they moving all their products to their other store? Just wondering if you know.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:28 PM
lucy brown
Cruiser

Doesnt surprise me one bit. No traffic at that location. I heard about a year ago that the owner of Brians Harley Davidson in PA was looking into buying it. Guess it's a good thing they didnt.

Some scary **** man. Trenton Harley, Mills Harley and now Highroads. All 3 NJ dealers that were relatively closes to each other.

I dont want to hear anybody complaining that Harley is targeting a younger crowd with their Black Label/Dark Custom stuff. If they dont the MOCO is going to go *** up sooner or later.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the closures are more of a sign of the slow ecconomy than older Harley buyers dying off. Of course that said I'm all for them targeting younger buyers.

We had a store close out here in CA not too long ago...it was the one closest to my work. They had another store about 10 miles or so away so they just moved everything over there.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:05 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,565 Likes on 1,083 Posts

Don't forget about Legends Harley in Ledgewood, NJ that also recently closed.
Not sure I'd call it scary, but rather standard "market forces" at work. Supply verse demand.
What's scary is the general economy!

Old 04-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Bogie1997
Cruiser

Let's face it, we are in hard times and I'm sure it's going to get worse. Support your local HD dealer as much as possible.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:24 PM
cameraboy
Outstanding HDF Member

the closest joint to me sells hd, star, honda, kawasaki, and just added Royal Enfield and Triumph is coming to their lot this week.

seems smart to me.

Old 04-18-2011, 01:21 PM
BLS65
Advanced

Originally Posted by Robotech
I think the closures are more of a sign of the slow ecconomy than older Harley buyers dying off. Of course that said I'm all for them targeting younger buyers. .

Yup! you have to attract the young riders coming up, It's even more important in a slow economy. I'm in the Scuba business and we did a lousy job of recruiting new divers into the sport over the last couple of decades. We are now trying to play catch up in a weak economy, not good. Hopefully H.D. will stay ahead of the curve and get the next generation of riders jazzed about American Bikes.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:57 PM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

deleted

Last edited by jpace024; 04-18-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:42 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lkohan7373
Are they having a going out of business sale? Or are they moving all their products to their other store? Just wondering if you know.
They're moving all of their stuff to the Liberty Harley-Davidson dealer in Rahway.

Quick Reply: Highroads Harley-Davidson in Highland Park, People's Republic of NJ is closing